MathAudio releases Headphone EQ plugin
MathAudio has announced the release of Headphone EQ, a utility effect plug-in for Windows and Mac.
It is known that the frequency response of headphones substantially depends on the shape and size of the listeners’ pina and ear canal. Consequently, it is impossible to make ideal headphones that will fit all people. In particular, the acoustic mismatch between headphones and ear canal creates one or a few unwanted acoustic resonances. These resonances decrease the quality of the sound because they overload your ears on certain frequencies and mask all other frequencies. Besides that, these resonances create a specific ringing which worsen the time-domain response of headphones.
MathAudio Headphone EQ VST allows you to check your headphones in order to find the unwanted resonances. It also helps you to compensate for the unwanted resonances.
Headphone EQ features
- Helps to detect and compensate for the unwanted resonances in high grade headphones and earphones.
- Matches headphones to the individual geometry of the listener’s pina and ear canal.
- Includes a signal generator which allows one to detect the frequencies of the unwanted resonances caused by the mismatch between the headphone and the ear canal.
- Accurately tunes the compensating filters to the found frequencies of the unwanted resonances.
- Ensures neutral timbre of the sound of professional headphones.
- Avoids the masking effect caused by the overloading of the eardrum at the unwanted resonance frequencies.
- Removes the ‘ringing’ effect caused by the unwanted resonances.
- Includes a crossfeed feature which allows one to reduce the channel separation to a natural level. The crossfeed makes the headphones less fatiguing to listen to for long periods.
- Works with all types of headphones and earphones. High grade ones are preferable.
- Applies 64-bit signal path throughout.
- Supports full range of sample rates from 44,056 kHz up to 352,8 kHz.
Headphone EQ for Windows and Mac (VST) is available for $60 USD.