Note: this post is from 2009, outbound links may be broken.
McDSP updates Retro Recorder
McDSP has released an updated version of Retro Recorder, an enhanced audio recording application for the iPhone.
Retro Recorder is the only iPhone recorder application with distortion free audio zoom-in capability, making it the best iPhone recorder formeetings, dictations, interviews, voice memos, and music recordings. The highly stylized yet simple interface makes recording easy on any iPhone.
Retro Recorder’s patent pending Audio Level eXtension (ALX) technology improves recording quality beyond the capability of hand held recorders costing many times more. Even without an external microphone, Retro Recorder can capture detail other recorders cannot when using ALX.
Changes in Retro Recorder
- Stereo recording.
- High quality recording mode (44100 Hz sample rate).
- Provided more reliable behavior in the rename view after relaunch.
- Allowed for export of tapes both with and without ALX via the same user request.
- Restored the ability to cancel an ALX export in mid-file.
- Added protections so that playback and recording recover more gracefully when stopped unexpectedly.
- Disallowed certain characters in tape names which were problematic for audio files.
Retro Recorder is available from the iTunes App Store for $2.99 USD.
More information: Retro Recorder