Note: this post is from 2008, outbound links may be broken.
MeldaProduction releases MCompressor
MeldaProduction has released MCompressor, a compressor effect plug-in for Windows PC.
MCompressor provides standard compression with volume maximization and has adjustable compression shape, which gives you power to set custom smoothing or even interesting sound effects.
- Standard and custom compression shape – using user shapes you can easily create various dynamic effects such as expansion, gate or even some extraordinary shapes for rhytmization…
- Actual source level indication inside the shape graph – you always know, what dynamic value you can actually expect on the input and output.
- Signal maximization – compressors actually lower the signal above treshold. MCompressor can compensate the reduction to ensure, that if the source has reached 0dB, result will too. This is especially useful for mastering, since you want to maximize loudness and use the entire bit resolution.
- Hard, linear and smooth knee with adjustable size.
- Standard general parameters – input gain, attack and release…
- Fully automatable (except for the custom shape graph).
- Global preset management – using a title button you can save your settings, which are shared on the computer, so you can easily access them in another songs.
MCompressor is free of charge for non-commercial purposes.
A license for commerical use is available for 30 EUR. This license upgrades all versions of MeldaProduction VST freeware with the option to save your own presets, and upsampling (for most plug-ins) for better sound quality.
Visit MeldaProduction for more information.