Note: this post is from 2009, outbound links may be broken.
MeldaProduction releases MEqualizerLinearPhase
MeldaProduction has released MEqualizerLinearPhase, an 8-band linear phase equalizer designed for mastering.
MEqualizerLinearPhase is a surgical tool necessary for every mastering engineer. It has extremely clear sound with minimal distortion (measured below -160dB). It doesn’t smear transients or create mud, nor does it alter the imaging and depth information of the original sound. It is especially useful to enhance or correct difficult material like vocal or instrumental soloists and groups, orchestral recordings and complex mixes, without introducing any unwanted coloring.
- 8 band parametric linear phase equalizer with 7 types of filters.
- 3 equalization algorithms with (approximately) the same frequency response – true bidirectional filtering algorithm, FFT algorithm and standard non-linear phase equalization.
- Adjustable dry/wet mix.
- Extremely advanced and easy-to-use user interface.
- Q in range 0.05 to 10 with protection against pops and crackles.
- Adjustable upsampling 1x-4x for an even more accurate response and ability to perform processing in 192kHz and higher sampling rates.
- 64-bit processing and unlimited sampling rate, recommended maximum is 384kHz.
- Global preset management.
- Very fast, optimized for SSE and SSE2 processors.
- Full automation – not recommended for the FFT mode.
MEqualizerLinearPhase is available as a VST effect plug-in for Windows PC. It is currently available for the introductory price of 75 EUR (regular price 149 EUR). A demo version can be found here.
Visit MeldaProduction for more information.