MeterPlugs has announced the release of the LCAST Loudness Meter effect plug-in for broadcast.
LCAST makes it easy to take loudness measurements and supports the latest loudness standards, ATSC A/85, EBU R128 and ITU BS.1770-2, which aim to eliminate loud commercials and improve audio quality in broadcast.
If you are working with mono and stereo programmes, LCAST Stereo gives you everything you need to ensure your programmes meet broadcast requirements:
- support for ATSC A/85, EBU R128 and ITU BS.1770-2;
- loudness history plot, which shows you how loudness loudness–momentary, short-term and integrated–changes over time (up to 24 hours);
- loudness range display;
- custom loudness variance measurement, which shows you how dynamic your audio is;
- true-peak metering for each channel;
- overload indicators with adjustable threshold;
- gated and un-gated loudness; and
- custom color regions in the history plot.
LCAST Surround includes all the same features but gives you surround sound, up to 5.1 channels. It also includes loudness logging, a powerful feature that allows you to export all loudness data recorded by LCAST into a CSV file, which can be opened in a 3rd party app like Microsoft Excel. This gives you the flexibility to create custom reports, perform additional processing and integrate LCAST into your workflow.
LCAST for Windows and Mac (VST/AU) is available to purchase for $199 USD (Stereo) / $399 USD (Surround).