MidiPads drum pad controller goes iPhone with v1.6
Crossfire Designs has released version 1.6 of MidiPads, bringing the drum pad controller previously available for iPad to the iPhone.
It has got the same features as the iPad version, but to respect the smaller area, it features a slidable layout similar to the Facebook app. Instead of a customizable bottom part, two additional pages allow customizing the layout.
MidiPads for iPhone is a drum pad controller and sports 64 drum pads, which can be resized in both size and area. The bottom part is fully configurable by the user with resizable touchpads, faders and buttons. Both faders and touchpads support snapping to a value, fading to the touch position (duration user-configurable) and bouncing.
One very unique feature is the drumpad-integrated X/Y-controller: Change your instruments’ or your effects’ sound just by moving your finger while still triggering – very useful also for DJ software like Traktor Pro.
MidiPads for iPhone features
- Supports Core MIDI interfaces like iRig MIDI and Line 6 MIDI Mobilizer II.
- Supports network MIDI over WiFi.
- Supports virtual MIDI to trigger other iOS MIDI Apps with virtual MIDI support.
- All Midi sources/destinations can be connected individually.
- Presets (interchangable with other users, midipads can be started with them from other apps, e.g. Dropbox).
- All elements customizable (color, label, Midi channel, CC/key, range…).
- 64 drum pads, resizable area (4, 9 or 16 pads per page).
- Two fully customizable pages.
- Several modes to influence velocity: Finger velocity, Two-finger-tap, vertical pad position, random velocity, and min and max velocity always definable.
- Touch pads and faders support snapping, automatic fading and bouncing.
- Use drum pads as tap or toggle buttons, either in key or CC mode.
- Drum pads can act as X/Y controller and pad at the same time (trigger your effect and change it with just one finger!).
- Faders can act as VU meter and fader at the same time.
- Drum pads can show incoming values (e.g. that a sample is on that pad).
- Send pitch bend or modulation over faders, touch pads or drum pads.
- Gravity controller (use iPhone’s rotation axis as controller).
- Easy Midi learn for each controller, as a learn CC value is sent on CC selection.
- Lock mode locks all elements that would hinder your performance.
- Supports all 16 midi channels (for each element and its sender separately!).
- Drum pads can blink on incoming midi sync and hence support you with the beat.
- Extensive help covering connection, editing the user interface and troubleshooting.
- Multiple senders for each axis and knob.
MidPads for iPhone is available to purchase at the iTunes App Store, priced $3.99 USD. A free MidiPads Lite version with limited features is now also available for iPhone.