Mokafix Audio releases Distortion FX Bundle + Metal Clone (free)
Mokafix Audio has released FX Bundle, a collection of 6 distortion effect plug-ins.
These effects intend to bring back vintage transistor and opamp based distortion tones.
Some are based on classic effects (Rectifuzz, Muffin Rider, Metal Clone), others on rare wild effects (Companero, Brass Buster), and some are multi-purpose distortions that can fit a wider range of uses (Kung Fuzz 68, EZ-Driver).
FX Bundle features
- Kung Fuzz 68 is an advanced version of the kung fuzz. Inspired by the Fulltone 69® transistor fuzz, this effect let you tweak the fuzz tone more than the first version of Kung Fuzz. The bias knob let you set the amount of self-biasing and the contour knob gives you the possibility to smoothen the clipping. This makes Kung Fuzz 68 the ideal fuzz effect for any material, from electric guitar to bass guitar or even synths.
- Muffin Rider is an emulation inspired by a Big Muff® 3rd edition fuzz stompbox effect. All stages have been emulated to provide the most authentic tone. It produces that bold fuzz sustain that made the original pedal a classic.
- EZ-Driver is an emulation inspired by the OCD® stompbox effect. EZ-Driver provides a warm distortion that let your guitar character pass through. The Drive knob has an influence on both distortion and tone, which makes this effect versatile and gives it a vintage feel.
- Companero is an emulation inspired by a Shin-Ei Companion® analog fuzz stompbox effect. Featuring Mokafix Audio auto-biasing transistor algorithm, Companero is a wild fuzz distortion that intends to wake up the punk inside.
- Brass Buster is an emulation inspired by a Bass Brassmaster® analog fuzz stompbox effect. Featuring Mokafix Audio auto-biasing transistor algorithm, this effect creates a very special distoriton with a lot of fuzz and some ring modulation, and let you mix it with the dry signal. This mixing feature makes it especially useful for bass guitar or even keyboards. This effect is an old classic and brings back the richness and weirdness analog effects were famous for.
- Rectifuzz is an emulation inspired by a Fender Blender® analog fuzz stompbox effect. Featuring Mokafix Audio auto-biasing transistor algorithm, this effect fuzzes and rectifies the signal to create a messy, fuzzy, ringy sound that you can blend with preamp dry signal to get that thick gnarly tone that made this effect a classic.
The distortion effect plug-ins (VST for Windows PC) are available to purchase individually for 9 EUR each, or bundled in the FX Bundle #1 for 29 EUR until 31 December, 2009.
Mokafix has also released Metal Clone, a freeware emulation inspired by a Metal Zone® analog Hi Gain stompbox distortion.
All stages have been emulated to provide the most authentic tone. Featuring a complex gain stages chain and parametric EQ, this effect provides a heavy tone to bang you head on.
More information: Mokafix