MOTU has announced BPM – Beat Production Machine, an advanced urban rhythm instrument for Windows and Mac.
BPM unites drum machine-style operation with advanced virtual instrument technology to give you the ultimate rhythm programming experience. Combine drum kits, sequenced patterns, sliced loops and instrument sounds to realize your rhythmic vision, mixing and matching any playing style with any drum kit. Or plug in your pad controller or MIDI keyboard to capture your live, groove-quantized performance directly in BPM.
Beat Production Machine features
- Complete rhythm production center for Mac and Windows.
- Combines state-of-the-art rhythm programming technology with playable virtual instrument operation inspired by the classic drum machines of the 80’s and 90’s.
- Provides complete creative control, from recording and programming individual samples to building and arranging entire songs.
- Includes a comprehensive, expertly produced urban sound and loop library for urban, R&B, pop, rock and other music styles.
- Combines drum machine programming, sampling, loops, synthesized drum sounds, multi-sample instrument sounds, mixing, effects processing, song arranging and asset browsing in one streamlined window.
- Plug-and-play support for hands-on pad controllers such as the Akai MPD32 controller.
- Exclusive SP1200 Emulation mode faithfully reproduces the unique characteristics of the classic sought-after E-mu SP1200.
- State-of-the-art environment for laying down beats as quickly as your mind can “hear” them.
BPM will be available for Windows and Mac in VST, AU, RTAS, MAS and stand-alone formats. Pricing has not yet been announced.
Visit MOTU for more information.