MOTU has announced the MicroBook, a USB bus-powered audio interface that delivers studio-grade audio performance in a compact size small enough to fit in your pocket.
The MicroBook turns your Mac or PC computer into a personal 4×2 recording studio with all the audio I/O and mixing you need for professional-quality recording and playback.
Plug in your mic, guitar and keyboard (or other instrument) and record up to four inputs simultaneously. You can even connect your iPod for rehearsing or sampling. Mix your tracks with on-screen CueMix FX software and apply DSP-powered effects such as multi-band EQ and compression.
With professional analog stereo outputs, digital output, and stereo-mini output jacks for both headphones and desktop speakers, you can monitor your live audio and recorded tracks any way you like.
Edit and finalize your recording with the included AudioDesk software.
From initial inspiration to polished track, the MicroBook gets you there with broad compatibility, bus-powered convenience, and professional quality.
- 4-input, 2-output bus-powered “plug-and-play” USB audio interface for Mac and Windows.
- 4 x 8 physical input/output channels.
- 10-bus digital mixer to route and mix live inputs with live computer tracks.
- Pre-amp equipped mic input with Precision Digital Trim™, 48V phantom power, and 20 dB pad.
- Guitar input with Precision Digital Trim.
- Stereo line level analog input (balanced TRS quarter-inch or stereo mini).
- Stereo balanced TRS quarter-inch line level main outs.
- Stereo eighth-inch “mini” line level out.
- S/PDIF digital out (duplicates main out).
- Headphones output on eighth-inch stereo “mini” jack with independent volume control.
- Digitally controlled analog trim for all analog inputs.
- Digital trim for all outputs.
- CueMix™ FX no-latency mixing and monitoring with EQ and dynamics processing.
- 7-band parametric EQ and compression.
- Test tone and white/pink noise generator.
- Advanced audio analysis software tools, including FFT display, spectrogram “waterfall” display, oscilloscope, X-Y plot, and phase torch.
- Industry standard Mac and Windows audio drivers (Core Audio, Wave, and ASIO) for across-the-board compatibility.
- Compatible with all current and recent generation Macs and PCs.
- Includes AudioDesk DAW software for Mac, USB cable, and mic cable adapter.
The MicroBook will ship in July, 2010, priced at $269 USD.