MOTU now shipping Digital Performer 7.1
MOTU has announced it is now shipping Digital Performer 7.1, the audio workstation software with MIDI sequencing for Mac.
Version 7.1 adds dozens of new features and enhancements, including a new Tuner plug-in, improvements to track folders, Auto-Save, and much more.
Changes in Digital Performer v7.1
- DP 7.1′s new Tuner plug-in can be used to tune a guitar, bass, sax, or any other pitched instrument. Advanced features include adjustable tuning reference (400 to 480 Hz) and test-tone generation. In addition, the animated metering indicates the harmonic complexity of the input signal and therefore the certainty of the pitch.
- New Auto-Save preferences allow users to save their original document automatically at a chosen time interval, or auto-save to an auxiliary document in the background. The latter option allows the user to choose when they want to save their original document, while always maintaining a separate backup at all times.
- New Custom ’59 power amp models — four new power amp models produce guitar tones with extra punch: preamp, vintage, classic, and modern.
- Guitar tone presets — dozens of guitar tone effects chains are now provided as convenient presets.
- Track folder overview — users can now inspect the contents of collapsed track folders at a glance, including track color and type of data.
- Track folder editing — users can select, cut, copy, paste and otherwise edit the contents of collapsed track folders, just like individual tracks.
- Track folder controls — track folders now have play-enable, solo-exempt, lock, and other track controls, just like individual tracks.
- Channel strip presets — users can save, recall, and manage plug-in effects chains as single presets, including guitar effects chains and virtual instrument chains that include effects. Many presets are provided for drums, guitar, bass, vocals and more.
- Automatic addition of inserts — when a user fills the last channel insert in the Mixing Board, or loads a new multi-insert preset, extra insert slots are automatically added as needed.
- More plug-in presets — many new plug-in presets have been added, especially for DP7′s guitar effects plug-ins.
- New Trim tool for automation — users can scale, flatten, or offset MIDI or audio automation data within a selected time range in one simple step.
- Auto-check for updates — users get immediate notification about about new available updates as soon as they launch DP7.
- Fine-tune control — users can now make fine-tuned adjustments for many controls in DP7 by holding down the command key.
- More keyboard shortcuts — users will speed their workflow with new shortcuts for controlling the QuickFilter, nudging MIDI notes up/down, zooming, and other features.
- Core Audio file format support — users can now import Core Audio (.caf) files via simple drag and drop.
- Pro Tools 8.03 compatibility — Digital Performer is fully qualified for operation with DAE version 8.0 to 8.0.3.
Digital Performer 7.1 is now shipping, priced at $795 USD, and available for immediate download as a free update for registered DP7 users.