MOTU has announced it is now shipping Digital Performer 7.1, the audio workstation software with MIDI sequencing for Mac.
Version 7.1 adds dozens of new features and enhancements, including a new Tuner plug-in, improvements to track folders, Auto-Save, and much more.
Changes in Digital Performer v7.1
- DP 7.1’s new Tuner plug-in can be used to tune a guitar, bass, sax, or any other pitched instrument. Advanced features include adjustable tuning reference (400 to 480 Hz) and test-tone generation. In addition, the animated metering indicates the harmonic complexity of the input signal and therefore the certainty of the pitch.
- New Auto-Save preferences allow users to save their original document automatically at a chosen time interval, or auto-save to an auxiliary document in the background. The latter option allows the user to choose when they want to save their original document, while always maintaining a separate backup at all times.
- New Custom ’59 power amp models — four new power amp models produce guitar tones with extra punch: preamp, vintage, classic, and modern.
- Guitar tone presets — dozens of guitar tone effects chains are now provided as convenient presets.
- Track folder overview — users can now inspect the contents of collapsed track folders at a glance, including track color and type of data.
- Track folder editing — users can select, cut, copy, paste and otherwise edit the contents of collapsed track folders, just like individual tracks.
- Track folder controls — track folders now have play-enable, solo-exempt, lock, and other track controls, just like individual tracks.
- Channel strip presets — users can save, recall, and manage plug-in effects chains as single presets, including guitar effects chains and virtual instrument chains that include effects. Many presets are provided for drums, guitar, bass, vocals and more.
- Automatic addition of inserts — when a user fills the last channel insert in the Mixing Board, or loads a new multi-insert preset, extra insert slots are automatically added as needed.
- More plug-in presets — many new plug-in presets have been added, especially for DP7’s guitar effects plug-ins.
- New Trim tool for automation — users can scale, flatten, or offset MIDI or audio automation data within a selected time range in one simple step.
- Auto-check for updates — users get immediate notification about about new available updates as soon as they launch DP7.
- Fine-tune control — users can now make fine-tuned adjustments for many controls in DP7 by holding down the command key.
- More keyboard shortcuts — users will speed their workflow with new shortcuts for controlling the QuickFilter, nudging MIDI notes up/down, zooming, and other features.
- Core Audio file format support — users can now import Core Audio (.caf) files via simple drag and drop.
- Pro Tools 8.03 compatibility — Digital Performer is fully qualified for operation with DAE version 8.0 to 8.0.3.
Digital Performer 7.1 is now shipping, priced at $795 USD, and available for immediate download as a free update for registered DP7 users.