Musical Entropy has released version 1.0.5 of Spaceship Delay, a free delay effect plugin for Windows and Mac.
Spaceship Delay is a delay audio effect featuring classic modern and vintage sounding delays. The plugin won 3rd place in the recent KVR Developer Challenge 2016.
Why another delay effect in 2016 ? Well, I’ve got the idea behind Spaceship Delay for a long time. When the Korg® Monotron Delay has been released on the market, I wish I had a plug-in version of that beast as an audio effect, that I could use for making electric guitar sounds scream like hell.
So I developed a simple model of the famous Korg® MS-20 filter, I put it inside a delay line, pushed a little the feedback, and… It sounded already so good ! So I thought I should do a product with that concept at some point, and here it is !
Changes in Spaceship Delay
- New: the plug-in is now available in the format AAX for Pro Tools, both for Windows and Mac OS X.
- New: the plug-in is now available in mono and stereo versions for some hosts like Pro Tools and Logic Pro X.
- New: a new post FX have been added, a tremolo audio effect.
- New: the post FX can now be located in different places of the signal processing, before or after the mix control.
- New: extra modulation options have been added in the modulation section, controlling the low pass filters frequencies in the filtering section.
- Changed: optimization in the Spring Reverb algorithm for low buffer sizes.
- Changed: optimization in the nonlinear saturation models.
- Solved: issues with the stereo phaser algorithm.
The presets and the tutorial files have been updated as well, so it is recommended for the users of the previous versions to update their presets/tutorial folders.
Spaceship Delay is a free download for Windows and Mac (VST/AU/AAX).