MusicDevelopments updates RapidComposer to v1.5
MusicDevelopments has released version 1.5 of RapidComposer (and LE), a rapid music prototyping software designed for composers, song-writers and musicians of all musical styles.
With this major update the editing workflow has been improved and several new piano roll view options were implemented. Changing chord notes visually is now possible while phrases and notes are updated realtime. You won’t find this in any other DAW. Another unique feature is that you can store the state of a VSTi plug-in as an instrument that you can use later, even for plug-ins that do not expose their presets. With about a dozen other new features, grab this release while it’s hot!
Changes in RapidComposer v1.5
- Chord notes are displayed in the piano roll and can be edited (drag to move, Right Ctrl+doubleclick to create/remove).
- It is possible to save the internal state of a VSTi plug-in as an instrument that you can use later even if the plug-in does not expose any presets.
- Piano roll view options can be set per track with new ways of coloring and shading notes.
- The composite track has its own view settings.
- Articulation names can be displayed above notes and phrases (not in LE version).
- Percussion note can be specified for percussion tracks.
- Draw freehand parameter envelopes by holding down Ctrl.
- New ‘Help!’ button displays detailed editing help.
- Stop button serves as Panic! button when pressed with the right mouse button and mutes all audio.
- Swing division can be specified.
- Demo period starts for each update, crash fixed when expired.
- Bug fix: audio phrases did not play if the beginning of the audio was before the project start.
- Bug fix: host transport state is correctly reported to VSTi plug-ins.
RapidComposer for Windows is available to purchase for $295 USD, RapidComposer LE is $99 USD (prices excl. VAT).
More information: MusicDevelopments