MusicDevelopments updates RapidComposer to v2.5 + Holiday Sale
MusicDevelopments has released version 2.5 of RapidComposer, a rapid music prototyping software designed for composers, song-writers and musicians of all musical styles.
After several months of continuous development and testing we are excited to announce this major update with the rewritten user manual and extra content for registered users (200+ reusable phrases). The update features the new Melody Generator.
Changes in RapidComposer v2.5
- New phrase generator specialized for making melodies: Melody Generator (not found in LE version).
- New rhythm generator: Bass Rhythm to create interesting rhythm patterns for bass.
- Custom phrases are saved in separate files. A phrase is written to file immediately when added to the browser.
- Directory can be specified to store custom phrases in (Settings/Directories tab).
- Chord palette reworked, bugs fixed, flats and sharps correctly displayed.
- Metronome added and redesigned UI in phrase editor.
- UI improvements on the MIDI Import panel.
- Composition templates supported, several templates provided.
- Note editing: ‘Move Notes To New Phrase’ in context pop-up menu.
- Add composition to history with comments (shortcut: K). It is easy to look up an earlier state.
- [VST] stability improvements (Reaper does not crash at exit).
- New keyboard shortcuts added for filling tracks with phrases and some shortcuts changed.
- Various fixes and improvements in the structure editor. Rearrange parts and lines by drag and drop.
- Snap/Grid: Bar option.
- New phrase transpose mode: Octave.
- Shortcuts ‘1’ to ‘9’ to start editing lines 1 to 9, Ctrl-‘1′ to Ctrl-‘9′ edits parts 1 to 9.
- Shortcut ‘Insert’ inserts one beat at the timeline position, Ctrl-‘Insert inserts one bar.
- Shortcut ‘\’ splits selected phrases at the timeline position.
- Resizing the generator phrases (dragging the right edge) works again.
- Specifying manual rhythm works in the idea tool.
- Exported MIDI sometimes included the metronome track. This is fixed.
- The rhythm was not saved in the phrase browser for custom phrases that used “Manual Editing”.
- Scale preview fixed in the scale browser.
- Possible crash at MIDI import fixed (for corrupted MIDI files, or files containing unexpected data). MIDI import stability improved.
- New editing setting to reset transposition when phrase is added by doubleclicking.
- Small size soundfonts added.
- Chord progression preview will use the right scale for major and minor scale formulas (in progression browser and progression editor).
- Dozens of other smaller improvements and fixes.
RapidComposer is available at a 40% discount until December 31, 2013.
More information: MusicDevelopments