Note: this post is from 2009, outbound links may be broken.
Musicrow releases Vintage Strings MkIII
Musicrow has released Vintage Strings MkIII, a new super realistic virtual string machine that perfectly recreates the lush sound of analog string machines.
The distinctive sound of vintage string machines like the Arp Solina or the Crumer Performer can be heard on numerous music productions. It has been used by various musicians like: Pink Floyd, Air, Beck, The Eagles, Kraftwerk, The Cure, Joy Division, Josh Wink, Morrisey, Tangerine Dream, Keane, Japan, and New Order to name few.
Like these old machines, Vintage Strings MkIII is a synthesizer that was especially designed to produce rich warm string pads. It make no use samples, so any of its presets can be tweaked, and new ones can be easily created, making Vintage Strings MkIII as user friendly as it is toneful.
Vintage Strings MkIII features
- Super realistic emulation of vintage string machines.
- Two separate string sections with beautiful string sound.
- Chorus section that accurately emulates the chorus effect on vintage string machines.
- Advanced reverb section with a smooth studio reverb and authentic spring reverb.
- Analog and regular envelope modes.
Vintage Strings MkIII is available as a VST instrument for Windows PC. It costs 59 EUR and you can download a demo version from the Musicrow website (generates noise every 30 secs).