Note: this post is from 2007, outbound links may be broken.
Mutools releases MU.LAB Free 1.0 public beta
Mutools has released a public beta of MU.LAB Free 1.0, an ultra-light music application, designed to compose & perform music of different styles and flavors.
- Audio Recording & Playback
- MIDI Recording & Playback
- Flexible Composition & Sequence Editing
- Supports Audio and MIDI VST Plugins
- Powerful Audio and MIDI Plugin Routing (up to 100% modular if you want)
- Integrated MuSynth: Powerful Modular Sound Engine
- Integrated MUX: Powerful Modular Audio/MIDI Effect Engine
- Integrated MuVerb: Very Nice Sounding Reverb Plugin
- Audio Engine using 32 bit floats, all usable samplerates
- Sample Accurate Sequencing
- Multi Undo/Redo
MU.LAB Free is freely available for OSX (Universal Binary) and Windows. It is limited to 8 tracks, 8 racks and no multi-timbral VSTis (MU.LAB Unlimited doesn’t have these restrictions).
Note: This free public beta will expire on 21 December 2007.