Note: this post is from 2006, outbound links may be broken.
Native Instruments announces Audio Kontrol 1
Native Instruments has announced Audio Kontrol 1, a high-end audio interface. It features professional sound quality, versatile connections, advanced controller functions and a compact and strudy design.
- High-quality, portable audio interface with sturdy aluminium casing
- 24-bit / 192 KHz quality, high end Cirrus Logic® A/D, D/A converters and 103 dB-A SNR
- 2 balanced inputs: 1 line/mic (XLR/1/4″ TRS Neutrik, phantom power supplied) and 1 line/HiZ (TRS); individual gain controls with acitvity and clip LEDs
- 4 balanced outputs (1/4″ TRS ) with two stereo level controls
- Headphone output with A/B source switching and level control
- Direct monitoring with mono switch and mix control
- Low latency ASIO/Core Audio driver
- USB 2 bus powered, MIDI I/O
- 3 freely-assignable buttons and 1 controller knob. MIDI and key commands support for control of professional audio software and other media applications such as iTunes, Winamp or Final Cut Pro
- Includes full versions of TRAKTOR 3 LE, GUITAR COMBOS and XPRESS KEYBOARDS
Looks pretty sweet to me, although the big knob might be a bit of a waste of space. Audio Kontrol 1 will be available in October and will sell for $ 299/ € 279.
Visit Native Instruments for more information on Audio Kontrol 1.