Native Instruments has released iMaschine, a music production app for iOS.
The first ever Native Instruments iPhone®, iPod touch® and iPad®* App is an intuitive beat sketchpad based on MASCHINE’s groove production studio concept. iMASCHINE is perfect for developing song ideas anytime, anywhere – Play and record drums on the 16 pads, jam a melody on the keyboard, sing on top of your loops via the built-in audio recorder or create your own unique sample banks from any source – With iMASCHINE the focus is always on the music. And when you’re done, you can finalize your track in the full version of MASCHINE or MASCHINE MIKRO or directly upload the loop to SoundCloud and share with your friends.
- 16 pads for playing the included drums and one-shot samples.
- Library includes 10 projects, 25 kits and over 400 individual samples (100 MB of WAV sounds).
- Pad sampling mode: record your own one-shot sample through your iOS device’s built-in microphone.
- Keyboard mode with two manuals for playing chords, bass and melodies.
- Note repeat function with 4th, 8th, 16th, 16th triplets, 32th for keyboard and drum pad mode.
- Audio recorder mode lets you record an audio (e.g. vocal) track through your iOS device’s built-in microphone.
- Assign any of the 4 groups to pad, keyboard or audio recorder mode (e.g. use it as pocket 4-track recorder).
- Mixer page includes two send effects with Delay, Flanger, Chorus, LoFi, HP, BP and LP filters.
- The live-mode sequencer automatically detects the recorded loop length.
- Finished loop can be exported with one touch as an audio file or uploaded to SoundCloud.
- Project (including samples) can be exported to MASCHINE for finalizing in your studio environment.
- Import your own 44.1 kHz 16-bit WAV samples.
- Additional drum kits and instrument sounds can be easily purchased through the in-app store.
iMaschine is now available to purchase at the iTunes App Store for $4.99 USD / €3.99 EUR.