Native Instruments releases Kontakt v3.5
Native Instruments has released version 3.5 of Kontakt, the sampler instrument for Windows and Mac.
Native Instruments today released KONTAKT 3.5, a major free update for its leading software sampler.
The new version fully utilizes the capabilities of today’s computer systems to overcome existing performance barriers, and includes many improvements that make KONTAKT even more powerful and convenient.
New in Kontakt v3.5
- Extended Memory Addressing — full support for 64-bit memory addressing in both Windows and Mac OS X. This means you can load more than 4 GB samples into RAM in both stand-alone and plug-in mode. In Windows, 64-bit operating systems and sequencers with special stand-alone and VST versions are now supported. On Mac, the newly-created Memory Server feature bypasses the OS X’s 4 GB limit and can address as much RAM as you have installed – even in 32-bit hosts such as Logic or ProTools.
- Enhanced Sampling Engine — a completely re-designed sample playback engine. The Direct From Disk mode has been reworked to act dynamically, allowing the operating system to allocate memory in real time as you play and release voices. The result is a significantly smaller memory footprint which leaves more RAM for loading samples. This is especially useful with 32-bit systems where you can now load sinificantly more samples than was previously possible.
- Multi-Processor Support — provides true multi-processor / multi-core support. You can now switch multi-processor support on and off and set the number of processors / cores you want to use for KONTAKT. Up to 16 cores are now supported.
- Direct MIDI Learn — MIDI Learn function for all sliders and knobs including Performance Views. Assigning MIDI controllers to KONTAKT sliders and knobs is quick and convenient with multiple assignments also possible.
- Enhanced Library Management — integrates a visually enhanced library tab that now makes browsing and loading samples and libraries quicker and easier.
- Further improvements — include a bypass button for effect slots, localized info pane in six languages, improved automapping, Pro Tools compatibility under Mac OS X 10.5 Leopard, aftertouch interpretation added to KSP, a Play cursor for Beat Machine mode in Wave Editor and enhanced REX file support.
The manual (.pdf) has detailed information on the changes in Kontakt 3.5. This update is available as a free download for registered Kontakt 3 users.
More information: Native Instruments