Note: this post is from 2008, outbound links may be broken.
Native Instruments releases KORE 2 Software Edition
Native Instruments as announced the release of KORE 2 Software Edition, KORE 2 without the hardware controller.
This powerful software instrument and multi-effects unit provides a versatile library of 500 production-ready sounds based on six integrated high-quality sound engines. With the ultra-fast KORE SOUND® Browser, internal effects, sound morphing and other advanced features, you can find, play, combine, and create sounds with unprecedented efficiency and ease.
KORE 2 Software Edition features
- Software instrument and multi-effect with over 500 KORE SOUNDS® and 3,000 sound variations.
- Integrated REAKTOR, MASSIVE, ABSYNTH, FM8, KONTAKT and GUITAR RIG sound engines.
- Up to 8 sound variations per KORE SOUND with multi-dimensional morphing.
- Over 30 studio-grade effects ranging from classic to cutting-edge sound processors.
- Batch preset import of 3rd-party instruments and effects.
- KORE SOUND Browser finds sounds, plug-ins and effects presets according to musical attributes.
- Intuitive drag-and-drop user interface, powerful layering possibilities and highly flexible audio and MIDI routing.
- Built-in MIDI file player, arpeggiator and step sequencer with real-time control.
- Expandable with KOMPLETE 5, KORE SOUNDPACKS and Audio Units™ or VST® plug-ins.
- Full integration with optional KORE 2 controller* for analog-style sound control and remote software navigation.
KORE 2 Software Edition is available for Windows and Mac for 199 EUR / $229 USD. The KORE 2 (including the hardware controller) has receive a price reduction of 100 EUR / $110 USD and is now available for 399 EUR / $449 USD.
More information: Native Instruments