Native Instruments updates Kontakt and Kontakt Player to v4.1
Native Instruments has released version 4.1 of Kontakt and Kontakt Player, introducing background loading and true 64 bit support.
The new background loading feature improves your workflow: It makes opening large instruments incredibly fast, enabling you to play nearly immediately – without having to wait for all samples to be loaded. This applies to the stand-alone version of KONTAKT 4.1 and the KONTAKT 4 PLAYER as well as the plug-in versions.
This update delivers you complete and native 64 bit support for Mac®, Vista and Windows® 7. KONTAKT 4.1 can use virtually unlimited amounts of memory, which turns working with even the largest libraries into a pleasure. In other words: The times of 32 bit audio unit bridges in your 64 bit host are definitely over.
Note: KONTAKT’s unique Memory Server technology on Mac still allows breaking free from the memory limitation even on 32 bit systems.
Changes in Kontakt / Kontakt Player v4.1
- Intelligent background sample loading.
- Extended sample search and replacement functions.
- Improved database browser performance.
- New “Lock” function for QuickLoad browser.
- New “Mirror Folder Structure” mode for batch compression.
- Mac OS X 64bit AudioUnit version.
- New Help menu in all plugin versions.
- Playback issues in Sonar and other hosts with 48 kHz or higher samplerate fixed.
- Crackles when playing libraries in .ncw format on CPUs without SSE2 fixed.
- Crash when importing EXS files saved with Logic 9.x fixed.
- Occasional MemoryServer freezes on Mac OS X fixed.
- Various other fixes.
The 4.1 update for Kontakt and Kontakt Player is now available for download via Service Center.
More information: Native Instruments
Equinox Sounds releases Ambient Dub