Native Instruments has released version 4.1 of Kontakt and Kontakt Player, introducing background loading and true 64 bit support.
The new background loading feature improves your workflow: It makes opening large instruments incredibly fast, enabling you to play nearly immediately – without having to wait for all samples to be loaded. This applies to the stand-alone version of KONTAKT 4.1 and the KONTAKT 4 PLAYER as well as the plug-in versions.
This update delivers you complete and native 64 bit support for Mac®, Vista and Windows® 7. KONTAKT 4.1 can use virtually unlimited amounts of memory, which turns working with even the largest libraries into a pleasure. In other words: The times of 32 bit audio unit bridges in your 64 bit host are definitely over.
Note: KONTAKT’s unique Memory Server technology on Mac still allows breaking free from the memory limitation even on 32 bit systems.
Changes in Kontakt / Kontakt Player v4.1
- Intelligent background sample loading.
- Extended sample search and replacement functions.
- Improved database browser performance.
- New “Lock” function for QuickLoad browser.
- New “Mirror Folder Structure” mode for batch compression.
- Mac OS X 64bit AudioUnit version.
- New Help menu in all plugin versions.
- Playback issues in Sonar and other hosts with 48 kHz or higher samplerate fixed.
- Crackles when playing libraries in .ncw format on CPUs without SSE2 fixed.
- Crash when importing EXS files saved with Logic 9.x fixed.
- Occasional MemoryServer freezes on Mac OS X fixed.
- Various other fixes.
The 4.1 update for Kontakt and Kontakt Player is now available for download via Service Center.
More information: Native Instruments