Note: this post is from 2008, outbound links may be broken.
Neuenberger updates JellyFilter to v3.0
Neuenberger has released version 3.0 of JellyFilter, a freeware lead synth which was developed with a Nord Lead in mind.
Changes in JellyFilter v3.0
- Additional Oscillator, can be used as subbass or additional FM source to Oscillator 1. It also has its own additional Distortion.
- A standard Chorus now can fatten the sound even more. The Chorus can be adjusted by Dry/Wet, Rate, Depth, Delay and Type (Triangle, Saw, Square).
- Legato Mode, envelopes will not restart until the voice is completely released which can be useful for smooth crossovers between different notes.
- Lo-Fi “Distortion”, a Bit Reduction (BitRed) functionality that can reduce the information down to 2 bits. Old Digital-sounding Video-Console sounds can be created with this easily.
- Filter Steepness of 12 dB or 24 dB, allows the user to produce “warmer” sounds with the 12 dB option.
- Sample and Hold for LFO Modulation, can be synchronized to the tempo of the music.
- Exponential or Linear Envelopes, Amp and Filter envelopes can now be switched to exponential for even smoother envelopes.
- Fast/Slow Modulation Envelope.