New Sonic Arts has updated its Freestyle VST host software for Windows and Mac.
Freestyle can split, layer and combine your VST instruments and FX to explore vast new sound design possibilities. It lets you perform with Macro Controls, and navigate your set mouse-free with the Snapshot list.
Freestyle is a modular sound design and performance environment that is designed to enable a user to combine, split, layer and chain their VST instruments and FX. The Rack View is intended for quickly building patches, while the Structure View provides complete access to the modular architecture, allowing manual ‘wiring’ between any input and output pins.
Changes in Freestyle v1.1
- New EventPlayer module for internal sequencing, including support for .mid files.
- Vice: ‘Convert to Nuance’ feature.
- Vice: ‘Export to EventPlayer’ feature.
- Module Copy and Paste.
- Enhanced Snapshot’s workflow, including new ‘Revert’ button.
- New Gate FX module.
- Added FX Power buttons for easier bypass.
- Filter module: added notch filter and 24db LP/HP mode.
- Internal FX presets are now included in the internal browser, and include support for Cycle mode and drag-and-drop.
- Enhanced missing sample handling and resolution.
- Some improvements to structure auto-alignment (including parallel mixer cases).
- Fixed: After Undo/Redo mixer pins did not always update correctly in Structure View.
- Fixed: Save with Samples did not work correctly with Snapshots.
- Fixed: Snapshot options (Program change, Recycle Plugins) were not persistent.
- Fixed: OSX: EXT sync mode was broken.
- Fixed: Windows: the installer now runs on pure 32bit systems.
Freestyle (VST/AU/Standalone) is available for 129 EUR.