Nine Volt Audio has released Action Drums: Cinematic Edition, a dynamic collection of performances designed to fill the percussive needs of motion picture, television, video game and production music.
Recorded in a concert hall, Action Drums: Cinematic Edition mixes close and distant microphone positions of soloists and ensembles to create natural recordings that range from subtle and understated, to ethnic and exotic, to high-powered and relentless. A wide range of instruments were used including concert toms, concert bass drums, shime-daikos, surdos, djembes, batas, talking drum, udu, tabla, congas, small percussion and more.
Action Drums: Cinematic Edition features
- 850 loops in the REX2, Stylus RMX, Apple Loop and ACIDized Wav formats. Uncompressed .wav file content is 1.84 GB.
- Nearly 200 single and ensemble hits are included for endings, breaks and dramatic impacts; plus an additional 20 unique one shots (bowed gong, metallic impacts, cymbal rolls, etc.)
- Organized into 12 “Beat Themes”. Each Beat Theme contains between six and 26 full mix loops (152 total), as well as the individual parts used to make the full mixes (698 loops). This allows the user to easily edit and mix-and-match parts to create custom passages.
- Beat Themes in time signatures 4/4, 3/4 and 6/8 and covers a tempo range of 90-170 BPM.
- Using the Action Drum: Cinematic Edition within Stylus RMX requires the user to drag-and-drop only one folder into RMX’s included S.A.G.E.™ Converter.
- Forty-four patches/multis for Kontakt are supplied. The patches and multis are organized into three different styles for three levels of mix, performance and RAM usage. The Kontakt patches/multis utilize the REX2 format (compatible with full versions of Kontakt 3.5 and up. Not compatible with Kontakt Player).
- Includes 304 Stylus RMX multi presets that allow the user to pull up full mixes of individual loop parts for quick and easy customization of the mix. Presets are presented in both single and multi-channel versions.
- Suggested tempos have been given to each suite, but as part of the BPM Flex Series™, every loop can be used at an unusually large tempo range while retaining their feel and groove (not applicable to the ACID wav and Apple Loop files).
- Full mix loop performances are offered at two different tempos for the ACIDized Wav and Apple Loop formats for an additional 152 loops.
- All loops are in 24-bit/4421kHz resolution.
Action Drums: Cinematic Edition is available to purchase as a DVD or Download, priced at $99.99 USD.