Note: this post is from 2009, outbound links may be broken.
Nine Volt Audio releases Big Bad Bass Guitar
Nine Volt Audio has announced the release of Big Bad Bass Guitar, a collection of rough and tumble low-end riffs, lines and progressions designed to be the backbone of any modern or hardrock song.
Big Bad Bass Guitar supplies companion lines for every suite in Nine Volt Audio’s Big Bad Guitars and Big Bad Guitars Direct and goes beyond with parts for 14 other tracks. Heavy hooks with tunings as low as Drop-C, parts played with a pick and fingerstyle, and a huge selection of “toolbox” bass patterns, muted strums and slides are all designed to get tracks from here-to-there with realism and ease.
All parts were recorded on a Fender Precision Bass using an amp tone that was chosen to work right out-of-the-box, while still allowing for tonal customization. And forget the constraints of tempo: as part of the BPM Flex Series, Big Bad Bass Guitar allows every REX-based loop to be used at virtually any tempo with no artificial stretching or audio artifacts. This allows for seamless mixing-and-matching of parts across the entire collection.
So if you already own Big Bad Guitars, need some low-end inspiration or simply have a track that needs an injection of deep attitude, Big Bad Bass Guitar is ready to set the foundation.
Big Bad Bass Guitar features
- 598 files for each format: REX2, Stylus RMX, Apple Loops, ACIDized Wav and Reason ReFill.
- Organized into 30 song suites covering a tempo rang of 80-152 BPM. Each suite contains clearly labeled song parts, riffs, slides, and sustained notes for endings and breaks.
- Any of the REX based loops can be used at a wide range of tempos with no artificial stretching or audio artifacts.
- “Toolbox” section of straight-ahead 8th and 16th note patterns designed to supplement any suite or stand on their own as the backbone of a track.
- Stylus RMX: drag-and-drop into RMX’s included S.A.G.E. Converter. No additional organization is needed.
- All loops are mono in 24-bit/44.1 kHz resolution, 100% copyright free.
Big Bad Bass Guitar is available on DVD or via download for $99.99 USD.
More information: Nine Volt Audio