Nine Volt Audio releases The Beat Aesthetic: Taiko Edition
Nine Volt Audio has released The Beat Aesthetic: Taiko Edition, a sample library in REX, Stylus RMX, Kontakt, ACID & Apple Loop formats.
The Beat Aesthetic: Taiko Edition transforms the thunder of traditional Japanese drums into a giant fist of fat grooves. With a percussion ensemble performing like the singular mind of a great drummer, the sound is wide and kicking with big backbeats and gripping rhythms.
Through the use of over 30 different instruments, ranging from the low frequency impacts of the 500 pound odaiko to the tight and high snare-like sound of the shime daikos, the collection’s twenty suites of beats, fills, builds and hits remain sonically diverse and engaging.
Stylus RMX and Kontakt users will enjoy a layout that enables easy improvisation of entire percussion tracks. And as part of the BPM Flex Series, grooves can be used at extremely wide ranges of tempo while retaining a natural sound. Additionally, Stylus RMX users will experience a new and never before seen feature: multi-track loops and MIDI files triggered from a single channel!
With loops that float between tribal, cinematic, rock and world beat feels, this volume of the Beat Aesthetic continues the legacy of mixing imaginative playing with top-notch sounds, tempo flexibility with tight organization, and originality with ease-of-use.
The Beat Aesthetic: Taiko Edition features
- The Beat Aesthetic Taiko Edition features 1600+ files in the Stylus RMX, REX, Kontakt 4, ACID Wav, Apple Loop and standard Wav formats. It is available via Download or as a 3-DVD set. Downloads for each format are broken into two files between 500-600 MB. Download for Stylus RMX is broken into four 500-600 MB files.
- The library covers a tempo range of 75-159 BPM. But as part of the BPM Flex Series, all formats (except standard .wav) can be used at a wide range of tempos while remaining intact and on time.
- Each format in this collection contains 20 “Full Mix” suites and 20 matching “Part” suites. This allows users the flexibility to work on a single track with full mixes, or to drop sounds in and out by using different combinations of “Part” loops. The full mix loops have been created by combining the parts together in a multi-track fashion.
- All loops are in 44.1kHz/24bit resolution.
- [Stylus RMX] The Beat Aesthetic Taiko features exclusive multi-track loop and MIDI files which allow four loops to be played and edited from a single RMX channel.
- [Stylus RMX] The Beat Aesthetic Taiko does not require the user to convert the library using RMX’s SAGE Converter. Simply decompress the files and drag-and-drop “The Beat Aesthetic Taiko” folder into RMX’s “User Libraries” folder. Although it’s quick and easy, we supply visual instruction in the .pdf.
- [Kontakt 4] Intuitive interface controls include: “loop name” box (displays the name of the loop when key is pressed) convolution reverb (with 34 custom IR .wavs), saturation, stereo width, velocity curve, low and high pass filters, delay, and input/output quantization to lock loop triggering to the sequencer.
- [Kontakt 4] Compatible with full retail versions of Native Instruments’ Kontakt 4.2.3 and up. The free Kontakt Player will only allow for a few minutes of unrestricted use before timing out.
The Beat Aesthetic is available to purchase for $109.99 USD.