Nomad Factory releases Magnetic 2 reel-to-reel audio tape warmer
Nomad Factory has released Magnetic 2, a virtual reel-to-reel audio tape warmer effect for Windows and Mac.
The plug-in features pure analog reel-to-reel tape speeds, tape/tube saturation and tape color effects, as well as a dedicated vintage style EQ and a built in Boost mastering section. The result is a creamy, warm sound that can only be achieved by MAGNETIC II.
New in Magnetic 2
- 9 tape models that give you the authentic sound of the famous vintage tape machines:
- Otari MX-80 2-inch 24-track
- Otari MTR-90 2-inch 24-track
- Ampex MM1200 2-inch 24-track
- Ampex ATR-102 half-inch two-track
- Tascam ATR60-16 1-inch 16-track
- Studer A80 Mk II 2-inch 24-track
- Studer A827 2-inch 24-track
- Studer A820 2-inch 24-track
- MCI JH24 2-inch 24-track
- Real Tape Model Mode: To engage the new Real Tape Model mode, simply turn the Reel Speed knob between 1 and 30 and it will activate the selector buttons on the left.
- Wow & Flutter Knob: Turning the Reel Speed knob between 1 and 30 also activates the Wow & Flutter knob which gives you the irregularities in the playback speed of analog recordings.
- Magnetic Tape Color: When the Reel Speed knob is set to DASH, this engages the original Magnetic Tape-Color sound. Any other Reel Speed Knob setting allows you to select between different Tape Model modes, including Magnetic.
Magnetic 2 is available to purchase for the introductory price of $79 USD. The upgrade from Magnetic v1.x is $20 USD for a limited time.