Novation has announced Impulse, a range of professional USB/MIDI controllers.
They each have a precision keyboard and a full control surface powered by a brand new version of Novation’s Automap control software – Automap 4 (which makes getting hands-on with your DAW/plug-ins fast and simple). Impulse also has 8 back-lit drum pads which can warp arpeggios, roll beats and launch clips in Ableton live.
- Precision semi-weighted keyboard with aftertouch.
- Professional control surface gives you full control of your DAW including mixer, transport and plug-in instruments and effects.
- Novation’s Automap control software makes it fast and simple to assign knobs, faders and buttons to your music software.
- Back-lit drum pads allow you to warp arpeggios and improvise with rhythm patterns – they also launch clips in Ableton.
- Large LCD screen displays control information.
- Hardware design is tough and rugged.
- Comes with Ableton Live Lite, Novation’s Bass Station synth and a Loopmasters sample pack.
- USB powered, with expression and sustain pedal inputs as well as MIDI in and out ports for connecting external MIDI instruments.
The Impulse will come in 25, 49, and 61 keys editions. Pricing and availability TBA.