Note: this post is from 2009, outbound links may be broken.
Novation releases Automap 3 Standard and Automap 3 Pro
Novation has released Automap 3 Standard and Automap 3 Pro, the latest version of its automatic mapping technology for instant control of your music software.
HUI – HUI control is now fully implemented within Automap, allowing control over all HUI compatible DAW’s including Logic, Pro Tools and Digital Performer. This includes control over volume, pan, aux sends, track arm, mute/solo and more…
Start-up Screen – A new start-up screen now makes managing your plug-ins and setting up your DAW even easier. It also gives you one-click access to online support, tutorials and the latest updates.
Automap 3 Pro has a number of benefits over the Standard version:
- Multiple device support – Automap 3 Pro supports multiple devices, so numerous Novation controllers can be used side by side.
- Keystroke Assignments – Automap 3 Pro can assign almost any computer keyboard shortcuts to hardware controls. For example arrow key functions can now be assigned to hardware controls, allowing you to flick between tracks using buttons on your SL/Nocturn. You could also zoom in and out, open windows or create and jump to markers in your DAW.
- Drag and Drop – With ‘PRO’ you can drag and drop control mappings and control map groups in the GUI, allowing you to re-assign knobs, faders and buttons by simply grabbing them with the mouse and dropping them on the new controller.
- XY Pad Control – Fully Auto-mappable XY Pad control, expression pedal, control pedal and drum pad control. The Automap server can now assign parameters to all these controllers using the ultra-quick learn facility. (Pedal/pad control not supported by SL Compact)
- Autoview Mode – Optional Autoview mode means that the GUI only becomes visible when a controller is touched, then it disappears again allowing you to get back to your DAW.
Automap 3 Pro is now available for Windows and Mac for £19.99 GBP / $29.99 USD / 24.99 EUR. The free Standard version is can be downloaded here.
Visit Novation for more information.