Note: this post is from 2007, outbound links may be broken.
Novation releases ReMOTE SL COMPACT MIDI controller
The ReMOTE SL COMPACT features Automap Universal, Novation’s unique sequencer and plug-in control protocol, providing automatic control of any automatable plug-in within any sequencer. Automap Universal removes the pain inherent in old school MIDI control, leaving the artist free to enjoy making music. Simply open up a plug-in and watch the parameters appear on the SL’s screens.
- Automap Universal – Instant control over sequencers and plug-ins. Automap Universal removes the pain and time involved in assigning MIDI parameters.
- Giant 144-character LCD screen – Frees the artist from being chained to the computer screen, placing all the essential data right alongside the relevant controls.
- Semi-weighted keyboard with after-touch – Delivers the feeling of playing an instrument, rather than a computer peripheral.
- Speed dial and PAC technology – Ultra-fast software control for composers and performers alike; at a click, the speed dial takes control of whatever the mouse is focused on.
- Huge array of controls suitable for every need – The artist has the exact control setup they desire, no matter how complex the plug-in.
- Large programmable drum pads – Eradicates the need for separate drumpad triggers, providing the ideal platform for sketching out beats or triggering samples.
- Dedicated transport controls – Control the sequencer’s start, stop, loop, record, forward and rewind actions, direct from the MIDI controller, reducing reliance on mouse and screen.
- MIDI I/O – Easy control over hardware synths, or enables an expansion of the control surface.
- Xcite+ bundle – Includes a host of exciting software solutions, including Ableton LIve Lite 6 and over 1.5 gigs of samples and loops.
The ReMOTE SL COMPACTS costs £219.95 inc. VAT for the 25 key version, and the 49 key costs £269.95 inc. VAT.
Visit Novation for more information.