Numark has announced that its Mixdeck Quad universal, four-channel DJ controller is now shipping.
Based upon the popular Mixdeck controller, the Mixdeck Quad kicks it up a notch by adding support for core MIDI on the iPad, opening the world of apps like Algoriddim’s djay to your DJ rig.
Mixdeck Quad is a four-channel professional DJ controller and player with integrated effects. It offers a uniquely intense DJ experience with the capability to mix virtually any kind of media, including CDs, MP3 CDs, and USB flash drives—each of which have onboard support via slot-loading drives and top-facing ports. Additionally, DJs can mix software on their laptop and iPad at the same time. Mixdeck Quad comes complete with Serato DJ Intro software and is pre-mapped for Traktor Pro 2 and VirtualDJ Pro and offers seamless integration with Algoriddim’s djay app for iPad, winner of the 2011 Apple Design Award (sold separately).
“This is all-in-one mixing at its finest,” said Chris Roman, Numark Product Manager. “With Mixdeck Quad unleashed to DJs everywhere, we can’t wait to see how they’ll make use of its versatility and massive amount of capability—it’s going to be an intense ride.”
Mixdeck Quad also comes with innovative Crossplay technology, which allows DJs to play USB content from either port on either deck. Each of the decks has integrated, beat-synced DSP effects that include chop, echo, filter, flanger, pan, and phaser and is completely adjustable with a dedicated wet-dry fader controlling them all.
All the professional inputs and outputs that DJs need are built in, including professional balanced XLR outputs and inputs for external sources such as turntables and CD players. There’s also a direct stereo output from each deck for use with timecode control interfaces like Serato Scratch Live software. BPM analyzation and Tap Tempo are included and DJs can control other MIDI software with no timecode needed using a simple USB connection.
Numark Mixdeck Quad Introduction.
Mixdeck Quad features
- Complete system with CD, MP3 and USB decks, four-channel mixer, and computer audio and MIDI interface.
- MIDI integration of decks and the mixer for controlling both computer software and iPad apps.
- Works seamlessly with Algoriddim’s djay for iPad app, winner of the 2011 Apple Design Award.
- DJ parties of all sizes with your compatible iPad, iPod or iPhone.
- Serato DJ Intro software included.
- Built-in professional USB audio interface with balanced XLR outputs.
- Crossplay Technology: mix USB flash drive content from either port on either deck.
- Four-channel mixer with EQ/rotary kills, replaceable crossfader, and MIDI control.
- Two large, backlit displays for BPM, CD/MP3 text tags, and folder navigation.
- Beat-synced DSP effects with wet-dry fader: chop, echo, filter, flanger, pan, phaser.
- Key Lock holds pitch while you independently manipulate its BPM.
- Seamless looping, sampling, and easily accessible hot cues.
- Automatic BPM analyzer and Tap Tempo for manual BPM entry.
- Slide BPM ±6, 12, 25, and 100% or bend with pitch buttons.
- Inputs: Two mic (XLR and 1/4″), Four aux (RCA stereo pairs), 30-pin iPad connector, computer (USB, stereo).
- Stereo Outputs: Main (balanced XLR & RCA), Booth (RCA), Record (RCA), Deck 1 (RCA), Deck 2 (RCA), Cue (1/8” & 1/4”).
- iPad Core MIDI and audio support.
- Also works with djay, VirtualDJ Pro and Traktor Pro (each sold separately).
- Class Compliant: this product is immediately compatible with every current and future version of Mac OS X and iOS and with Windows (98SE and up) operating systems.
Mixdeck Quad is available to purchase for an MSRP of $1199 USD and an estimated street price of $999 USD.