NUSofting announces Strings Dream Synthesizer
NUSofting has announced Strings Dream Synthesizer, a virtual instrument that is able to reproduce the infinite array of rich, analogue pads from the most famous strings machines in synthesizer history.
Emulate the classic Eminent Solina as well as its sister keyboards from Elka, Crumar and even their Japanese cousins.
Strings Dream Synthesizer features
- String Dream does not use samples. Instead the “octave divider” circuity typical of those early polyphonic synths has been natively emulated, so that all sounds are computed in realtime in true VA fashion.
- The fundamental “Ensemble” effect (like the vintage Solina chorus) accurately follows the architecture of its hardware counterpart. However, it has been extended for a wider range of “chorus” effects.
- String Dream is easy to use. It’s layout and features take their cue from and expand upon the familiar Solina design, with only the necessary controls to achieve the textures of the other strings machines.
- Full ADSR envelope generator and Waveform selection (for several strings and organs sounds).
- Volume fader and switch for each of 6 stops (C.Bass, Cello, Brass, Horn, Viola, Violin). The fader for each stop allows an almost infinite number of mixtures.
- A powerful parameter to tune the relative phase of Violin wave against the other voices.
- Brightness and highpass filters are also adjustable.
- More performance flexibility with MIDI velocity and polyphonic mode selectable.
- The C.Bass and Cello are monophonic with full legato mode and you can select one of eight keyboard split points, allowing you to layer the mono voices with the others.
- Beside the chorus “Ensemble” effect, Strings Dream offers a four-stage Phaser for those famous “Jarre pads” and an exclusive reverb with the ability to morph on request to that “trembling” sound of the vintage spring reverb units.
Strings Dream Synthesizer will be released in May 2009 for an estimated price of $89 USD, first as VST plugin and later as AU.
Visit NUSofting for more information.