NUSofting has released Strings Dream Synthesizer, a virtual string machine, able to reproduce an infinite array of rich analog pads.
Strings Dream Synthesizer is able to reproduce the infinite array of rich, analogue pads from the most famous strings machines in synthesizer history – emulating the classic Eminent Solina as well as its sister keyboards from Elka, Crumar and even their Japanese cousins.
Strings Dream Synthesizer does not use samples. Instead the “octave divider” circuitry typical of those early polyphonic synths has been natively emulated, so that all sounds are computed in realtime in true VA fashion.
The fundamental “Ensemble” effect (like the vintage Solina chorus) accurately follows the architecture of its hardware counterpart, including the BBD chip behaviour for truly rich modulation. However, it has been extended for a wider range of “chorus” effects.
Strings Dream Synthesizer is easy to use. Its layout and features take their cue from and expand upon the familiar Solina design, with only the necessary controls to achieve the textures of the other strings machines.
Strings Dream Synthesizer features
- True analogue sound, VA “Octave Divider” emulation, (no samples used)
- 43 voices full polyphony, plus mono legato on bass section.
- Vintage audio effects on board.
- MIDI learn on every knob.
- 3 skins included
- A full ADSR envelope generator and Waveform selection (for several strings and organs sounds).
- Volume fader and switch for each of 6 stops (C.Bass, Cello, Brass, Horn, Viola and Violin). The fader for each stop allows an almost infinite number of mixtures.
- A powerful parameter to tune the relative phase of Violin wave against the other voices.
- Brightness and highpass filters are also adjustable.
- More performance flexibility with MIDI velocity and polyphonic mode selectable.
- Note also that the C.Bass and Cello are monophonic with full legato mode and you can select one of eight keyboard split points, allowing you to layer the mono voices with the others.
- Chorus “Ensemble” effect with “Bucket-brigade device” tone.
- Four-stage Phaser for those famous “Jarre pads” and other Tangerine Dream sounds.
- Exclusive reverb with the ability to morph on request to that “trembling” sound of the vintage spring reverb units.
Strings Dream Synthesizer is currently available as a VST instrument for Windows PC, for the introductory price of $59 USD (regular price $79 USD). AU and VST for Mac OS X will be released shortly.
Visit NUSofting for more information and audio demos.