Ochen K. releases A-Series 1 & 2 Modular Synth Rack Extensions
The A-Series Modular Synth is the first fully modular synth for Reason, where you can design your synths however you want for whatever sound you can imagine. And because all the modules are mix-and-match, all those Reason effects and devices that you already have can go right inside your custom synth.
A-Series Modular Synth features
- The A-Series 1 rack extension contains the following modules:
- A-19SEQ – A midi-to-CV converter, receiving midi signals from a midi keyboard or the Reason sequencer, of from rack sequencers like the Matrix, and converts the signals into CV (note) data and gate (velocity) data. These signals can then be routed to control any other device, such as a VCO or envelope generator.
- A-11VCO – A voltage controlled oscillator generating four waveforms – saw, square, triangle, and sine – all at the same time. The A-11VCO has a 7-octave range with coarse and fine tuning, can accept and mix a second pitch modulation signal to create FM-like effects, and can modulate the pulse width of square waves. Each parameter can be controlled by CV input.
- A-14ADSR – An envelope generator with three speed ranges and standard attack, decay, sustain, and release parameters. Each parameter can be controlled by CV input.
- A-13VCA – A voltage controlled amplifier allowing multiple signals to control a sound’s gate shape, with two gain CV ins and a two-in audio mixer. Each parameter can be controlled by CV input.
- A-14LFO – An LFO with four signal waveforms – saw, square, triangle, and sine, three cycle speed ranges, with both free-running and tempo-synced cycles, and pulse width modulation of the square wave signal. Each parameter can be controlled by CV input.
- The A-Series 2 rack extension contains the following modules:
- A-19POLY – A polyphonic to monophonic splitter allowing for the creation of polyphonic synths. The A-19POLY supports up to eight voices, each with independent gate and CV data, and three note assign modes: lowest first, sequential (round robin), and random.
- A-14SH – A sample and hold module allowing the sampling of CV data and holding that sample constant until a new sample period is triggered.
- A-11NOISE – An audio noise generator and a random CV generator. The audio noise generator can generate white noise, pink noise, brown noise, and any blend in between. Each parameter can be controlled by CV input.
- A-12VCF – A voltage controlled filter with a four-poll high-pass and low-pass filter, a band-pass filter when used in combination, and CV control over each frequency cutoff.
- A-11RM – A ring modulator taking two audio signals and modulating them to produce a single audio result.
- A-13MIXER – A six channel mixer with six audio ins and one master audio out. The level of each in and out can be controlled by CV signals.
The A-Series Rack Extensions are available to purchase for 7.50 EUR each.
More information: Ochen K.