Odo Synths releases Dream 64 v3.0 free chip synth
Odo Synths has announced the release of version 3.0 of its Dream 64, a free chip synthesizer instrument for Windows.
Dream 64 is not an SID emulator, but it’s a plug-in that can recreate sounds that are used in chip-music. It’s inspired by the SID chip from the old but good Commodore c64 but with some extra features for fun.
Dream 64 v3.0 features
- All sequencers have a start and end loop but start always at step one.
- Start-step never can be higher than the end.
- Every sequencer has its own BPM rate or all have one manual rate.
- 8 step Wavetable sequencer with audio on/off (gate effect).
- 8 step Arp sequencer notes from c to c3 and one c4 note.
- 8 step Ring modulation sequencer notes from c to c3 and one c4 note.
- A Bitcrusher only for the ringmod. This is nice if you use the Wavetable.
- 16 step easy to edit filter-sequencer. Can be used for nice bass sounds because it has an end step (will sustain).
- Waveforms for the oscillator are saw, triangle, pulse, noise, ringmod mode. The noise is very special – it can be pitched by key or fixed.
- Oscillator octaves from -3 to 2.
- Ring modulation oscillator notes from c to c3 and one c4 note and a bitcrusher (this is nice for the wavetable sequencer).
- 2 LFOs with 21 waveforms BPM rates and manual with inverter.
- The LFOs can start (key sync) (host sync) and (free run).
- Destinations of the LFOs are pitch/pulse/ring osc and Filter.
- 2 modulation envelopes with inverter and BPM retrigger.
- Destinations Pitch/pulse/ring modulation.
- Filter Envelope can be switched to the filter sequencer.
- filters lowpass/hipass/bandpass/low and hipass/band and hipass/band and lowpass.
- Random for most of the controls.
- Reset most of the controls.
- Double click is reset for most of the controls.
- Bitcrusher before and after filter.
Dream 64 for Windows (VST) is a free download.
More information: Odo Synths