Open Labs releases Music OS 3.0 music creation and live performance software
Open Labs has announced the release of Music OS 3.0 or MOS (moss), the world’s first music creation and live performance software designed specifically to address the needs of both music creators and live performers.
With over 7 years of integrated touch screen experience, MOS was purposely developed and optimized for touch screen use; however, a touch screen is not required when installed on PC desktops and laptop systems. Important to note, Open Labs will be releasing an Apple OS X supported platform in early 2012.
Simply stated, MOS makes music creation and live performance easy. With streamlined recording and live performance features, MOS allows music innovators to create, record and perform their ideas quickly and seamlessly. MOS was engineered to work in conjunction with traditional D.A.W. programs; leveraging existing studio investments and adding strong value, features and capabilities in areas where most musicians need it – the creative and live performance process. One can think of MOS as a professional ‘scratch pad’ when creating and performing music. MOS emphasizes ease-of-use, stability and power all at an affordable introductory price of $299/USD.
Music OS 3.0 features
- Set List – Manage your songs and sounds. Viewable as a list or a grid, the Set List tab lets you organize your sounds, VST’s and FX easily with our unique touch screen interface. Control the global flow of midi in and out, patch change in and out and other global song parameters such as importing and exporting songs and settings.
- Sound Browser – The Sound Browser in MOS is unlike any other. Search for your VST’s, sounds and FX in our search engine, create categories, audition patches within a VST and manage your VST instances which can be shared amongst different songs.
- Tracks – Sequence midi, record audio and manage your audio with MOS’s touch screen friendly music creation work flow. It’s never been easier to make music, organize and capture your ideas!
- Signal Chains – MOS’s signal chains page makes building patches, combining VST’s, complex zoning, key splits and creating global and discrete FX a breeze. All of the functions have been freed from cumbersome drop down menus and the signal chains in MOS makes controlling your tools a one touch process.
- Instrument Editor – Go deep into your VST’s in our synth editor page. Control the parameters on the touch screen and scroll through all of the VST’s and FX on one page. Never before has the process of working with VST interfaces been this simple.
- Note Editor – Edit your midi information right on the touch screen with MOS’s amazing midi editor. The power to adjust, transpose, cut, paste and create volume and expression curves is literally at the tip of your finger.
- Live Controls – You decide the look and feel of your work flow. MOS’s Live Controls gives you the ability to create touch screen controllers for any VST, DAW, hardware synth or function you can think of. Create faders, knobs, buttons, X/Y pads which are instantly midi learnable to your VST’s and FX. Output the midi to other devices and have fun creating your own workflow on a per song basis in MOS.
- TouchEdit – Get hands on with TouchEdit and give your mouse a rest. TouchEdit is a powerful feature in MOS where literally anything and everything is simplified by the use of a touch screen. Wether you are editing your midi, audio, creating live controls, building custom touch interfaces for VST’s or DAW’s, TouchEdit makes it all simpler so the music can flow faster.
- Live Mode – Are you ready to hit the stage? Lock down your set with LiveMode so that there are no unwanted changes to your work while you are performing. The touch screen is protected and everything except your Live Controls are frozen into a suspended state so you know where you are at all times and can perform with confidence.
- MOS Plug-ins & More – Includes Reverb, Press, Limiter, EQ, IDM, Dub Star.
Music OS 3.0 is available to purchase the introductory price of $299 USD.
Open Labs has partnered with Dell to provide complete music computer bundles.
Open Labs and DELL will be offering powerful and affordable music computer bundles starting at $1499/USD. All music bundles will include an optimized Intel™ i5 or i7 touch screen laptop computer powered by DELL and Open Labs Music OS 3.0 software for creating and performing live music. Also included will be thousands of 3rd party sounds and presets from VST providers like Native Instruments, Cakewalk and others. Other music bundles will include ‘extras’ such as a USB keyboard controller and a microphone preamp for recording vocals, guitars, drums and or electronic / acoustic instruments.s a USB keyboard controller and a microphone preamp for recording vocals, guitars, drums and or electronic / acoustic instruments.