OverTone DSP releases PTC-2A equalizer plugin
OverTone DSP has released the PTC-2A, an equalizer effect plug-in for Windows.
Inspired by the classic Pultec EQs and modelled using measured data and schematics from real hardware, using algorithms originally developed for the linuxDSP PEQ-2A, the PTC-2A is an affordable emulation of one of the most sought-after vintage EQs, for Windows XP / 7 Digital Audio Workstations.
- Separate LF Boost and Attenuate Controls — Simultaneous low frequency boost and cut, emulating the classic Pultec ‘Low-end trick’.
- Physical Control Weighting — Replicates the ‘feel’ as well as the look of high quality rotary controls.
- Passive Filters — 6dB / Octave passive filter emulation maintains the smooth frequency response and desirable control interaction of the original vintage designs.
- Transformer-coupled gain stage — Similar to the original Pultec EQs, the passive filters are followed by a transformer-coupled tube amplifier stage which further enhances the vintage qualities.
- De-cramped Mid-Range Filter — Innovative DSP technology models the behaviour of an analogue peak filter more closely than conventional digital algorithms, even at low sample rates.
The PTC-2A for Windows (VST) is available to purchase for £39.95 GBP.