OverTone DSP releases RVB500 effect plugin
OverTone DSP has introduced RVB500, a stereo plate reverb effect plug-in, capable of a rich variety of effects, with intuitive controls and low demands on CPU and system resources.
Complex convolution reverb models can be an asset for replicating physical spaces, but can also be resource hungry, leaving less processor power available for other plug-ins or requiring costly hardware add-ons.
By contrast, the RVB500 algorithmically emulates a mechanical plate reverb, still regarded as a mainstay of many recording studios, for a diverse range of effects including drum enhancement or vocal ambience.
Economical with system resources, the RVB500 is ideal for classic reverb effects while leaving sufficient power available for the most complex DAW projects.
- Adjustable sub-sample resolution pre-delay and RT60 decay time settings.
- Variable HF Damping.
- Plate reverb emulation with virtual transducer drive and receiver amplifiers.
- Wet-Only mode for use on a dedicated ‘reverb buss’.
- DPI-aware GUI automatically upscales for resolutions greater than 96dpi, improving usability on small / hi-resolution screens.
- Physical Control Weighting replicates the feel of high quality rotary controls, also improving accuracy for small control changes.
RVB500 for Windows, Mac and Linux (VST/AU) is available for the introductory price of 19.50 EUR through October, 2014 (25% off regular).