OverToneDSP has announced the release of the PTC-2A equalizer effect plugin for Mac.
Modelled on the classic Pultec EQP-1A, the PTC-2A features separate LF Boost and Attenuate controls, a transformer-coupled valve amplifier emulation and the control interaction responsible for all the signature Pultec sounds, including the famous ‘low-end trick’ in which LF Boost and Attenuate controls are used simultaneously to provide tight bass boost without losing detail.
- Separate LF Boost and Attenuate Controls — Simultaneous low frequency boost and cut, emulating the classic Pultec ‘Low-end trick’.
- Physical Control Weighting — Replicates the ‘feel’ as well as the look of high quality rotary controls.
- Passive Filters — 6dB / Octave passive filter emulation maintains the smooth frequency response and desirable control interaction of the original vintage designs.
- Transformer-coupled gain stage — Similar to the original Pultec EQs, the passive filters are followed by a transformer-coupled tube amplifier stage which further enhances the vintage qualities.
- De-cramped Mid-Range Filter — Innovative DSP technology models the behaviour of an analogue peak filter more closely than conventional digital algorithms, even at low sample rates.
The plugin is available to purchase for £40 GPB.