Ichiro Toda has released version 1.08 of Synth1, a free virtual synthesizer instrument plug-in for Windows.
Synth1 is a software synthesizer for computer music use. It is VSTi compatible. The current version is freeware. Functionally it is modelled on the Clavia Nord Lead 2 Red Synth.
Changes in Synth1 v1.08
- DXi version was discontinued due to difficulty of development environment maintenance.
- Synth1 installer was discontinued. Instead a tool (initsetteings.exe) for setting Windows registry configuration is included.
- Number of the banks was expanded to 100. The setting initialization tool sets to bank00 – 09, but does not set bank10 – 99. Folders have to be prepared manually for use with bank10 – 99 (setting in optional dialog).
- Fixed: MIDI tab of the optional dialogue was replaced without permission.
- Fixed: Program change error.
Synth1 is available to download as a freeware VST instrument plug-in for Windows PC.
More information: Synth1
Peter den Herder has released Bank2, a collection of free patches for Synth1.
Synth1 Bank2 features
- 100 patches for the VST(i)/DXi, Synth1V1.07.
- Includes: synthbasses, synth brass, arpeggio’s, gated sounds, TB-103 sounds, soundfx and more.
- Genre: Mainly Dance.
- Color of the sound categories: Lead = purple, Bass = orange, Strings/pads = blue, Arpeggio’s/Gated sounds = yellow, Sound fx = green, Other = pink.
Synth1 Bank2 demo
Bank2 for Synth1 can be downloaded here.
Note: it is not allowed to distribute these files without explicit prior written permission from the author.
Stephan Müsch (aka Rsmus7/Etienne) of Muesch Music has released ACK3, an Ambient Construction Kit for Synth1.
- 256 presets for Synth1.
- Sounds include lush pads, rhythmic loops, heavy basses, cutting leads, FX sounds and ambient textures, keys and strings.
- Internal routing for the modwheel assigned for most sounds (can make extreme changes to the sounds, or change the rhytm of a looping sound, or just a slight change in the timbre of the sound).
ACK3 is available as an instant download for $4.99 USD. Registered users (free registration) can download the previous ACK1 & ACK2 sound banks free of charge.
Check the ACK3 page for more information and mp3 demos.
Ouroboros has released 128 patches for Synth1.
Synth1 is one of those synths that has quite a following, and for a good reason. This 2 Osc VSTi with FM and ring modulation still is one of the best sounding freebies out there in my opinion.
Ouroboros does a wonderful job showcasing the versatility of Synth1, with patches categorized in several sections: Bass, Keys, Arp, Pads, Synth and more.
Here’s a little loop I made with only patches from Ouroboros’ bank (5 instances of Synth1 + Kjaerhus Classic Master Limiter).
Download the full bank of 128 patches below.
Synth1 Ouroboros Bank3
Downloads: 4573 times
Looking for more? Check all patches by Ouroboros or for Synth1
Stephan Müsch (Rsmus7/Etienne) has created a second soundbank for Synth1: ACK2.
Like ACK (Ambient Construction Kit) ACK2 contains 128 presets for Synth1 mainly aimed at ambient music.
- 12 arp presets
- 4 bass presets
- 26 pad presets
- 16 lead presets
- 42 rym presets
- 14 sfx presets
- 14 tex drone presets
You can download ACK2 from Stephan Müsch’s website.
Stephan Müsch (Rsmus7/Etienne) has created ACK (ambient construction kit), a soundbank for Synth1.
ACK is aimed at ambient music and contains a wide range of leads, pads, textures, rythmic patches, SFX, basses, percussion and synth sounds: 128 presets in total.
Check this demo song of 10 minutes for a live recording of some 40 presets in this bank and this song was done entirely with sounds from the ACK soundbank. (Update 26-05-2008: Stephan’s mp3s were hosted on Panicnow, which has ended its service).
You can download ACK from Stephan Müsch’s website (free registration required).
Ichiro Toda has updated Synth1 to v1.07 (not beta anymore).
My Japanese is a bit rusty so I can’t say what changed exactly, but obviously it has to do with the Play Mode, the Phaser effect and the GUI.
- Play Mode
- ユニゾンステレオ化及び、stereo spreadつまみの追加
Check Ichiro Toda‘s website for more information and a link to download Synth1 v1.07.
A small update is available at the Ichiro Toda webpage:
v1.07 alpha2 changes:
- GUI: Slider Window indication when inputting the GUI knob was made option treatment (So says the Babel Fish).
- Fixed DXi crashing.
Synth1 is a great freeware VSTi synth, check it out if you haven’t before.