Tone2 has announced the release of Modern Clubhits, a soundset for the Electra2 synthesizer instrument for Windows and Mac.
Storm the charts with the Modern Clubhits soundset, 200 exquisite sounds bundled together to enrich your track with dirty basses, warm synths, spacious pads, vivid leads, complex arpeggios and swooping effects.
The Modern Clubhits set utilizes Electra2′s unique feature-set with a clear focus on the new features that Electra2 introduced. With its massive sounds ready to be used in any production and cover the complete range of music styles, Modern Clubhits is a soundset that shows the true power of Electra2′s capabilities.
Modern Clubhits features
- 200 superb presets created by Markus Krause, E.SoX, Massimo Bosco, Felingen, Rob Fabrie, Ghostwave Audio, Ed Ten Eyck.
- All sounds are properly programmed – they are ‘not just samples’. This gives you the complete dynamic range, a lot more expression and the highest possible sound quality.
- Focus on the new features that Electra2 introduced.
- Supports modwheel, velocity and aftertouch, many patches can be ‘morphed’ with the modwheel.
- For enhanced usability the volume of all sounds has been carefully normalized.
- Perfect for many genres, such as, Complextro, Trance, Electronica, EDM, Cinematic, Dubstep, Drum and Bass, Dirty Dutch, Progressive, Dance, Pop, Techno, Ambient, HipHop and a wide variety of other music genres.
The soundset is available for purchase for 39 EUR incl. VAT.
More information: Tone2 / Modern Clubhits
vladg/sound has released version 1.0.3 of Nova-67P, a free 5-bands parallel equalizer effect plug-in for Windows and Mac.
Version 1.0.3 of Nova-67P comes with a new skin by Lesha.
Nova-67P is a parallel parametric equalizer plugin combined with a compressor. The compressor can optionally operate in frequency dependent and split-band modes. In this case the plugin operates as a parallel dynamic equalizer.
Changes in Nova-67P v1.0.3
- Now the fullband compressor can be turned off.
- Fixed multiple bugs in Mac version.
- Default preset operates in stereo mode.
- New skin by Lesha.
The plug-in is available to download as freeware for Windows and Mac (VST/AU).
More information: vladg/sound / Nova-67P
Peter Dines has introduced Vectorspace, an upcoming Reaktor ensemble.
Here’s a tease of something that will be out within the next couple of weeks: Vectorspace.
It’s a sample transformer with gesturally controlled sample position / length, gesturally recordable effects that can run in free-length or quantized mode, a quasi-physically-modeled resonator, and a unique arpeggiator with probability per step and a hold control.
More information: Reaktor Tips
ForceSampling has announced feedback_scapes, a collection of soundscapes based on taking an analog synth through a self-oscillating digital delay and a vintage flanger.
This process created an unpredictable sound, full of both subtle and violent overtones. These soundscapes of endless feedback are presented through 20 hi-quality wav files, and 50+ instruments for Kontakt 5.
The instruments provides a custom interface with 16 knobs to control 2 filters, drive, bit reduction, sample rate, delay, reverb, phaser, chorus and an amp envelope. You can morph and transform the soundscapes to pads, keys and many other things using these controls.
- 1 keyswitched master-patch containing all 20 soundscapes.
- 8 Blips made from the recordings.
- 7 Distortions made from the recordings.
- 18 Keys made from the recordings.
- 18 Pads made from the recordings.
The library is available for purchase for $9 USD. Requires full version of Kontakt.
More information: ForceSampling / feedback_scapes
Synthblitz Audio has announced the release of VA RAXS, a virtual mastering rack for Windows.
VA RAXS is a vintage-looking rack, designed for mastering and remastering of any sound materials.
This virtual rack consists of 4 effects and the sound pass through them in the following order:
- A preamplifier with gain control, enhanced features for sub and high frequencies, combined with a mid-side processor that can divide the incoming signal.
- A crossover module 6dB / Octave, with a ‘transient perfect’ filter that passes both amplitude and phase unchanged across the range of interest.It has separate tone controls -/+12dB, and other features like two types of noise reduction, de-esser, dc bias, and more.
- A compressor to handle small compression ratios, useful for mastering, but also able to work with large compression ratios. The compressor has “knee” control, “Make-Up” gain and a high precision vu-meter led to reading the dB reductions.
- A limiter designed to get a good sound quality, and fast enough to allow a good RMS output.
When set correctly, VA RAXS is designed to provide high quality sound at low cost. It can also be used for remastering old recordings of audio cassettes and other sound material.
The plug-in is available for purchase for Windows (VST), priced at 39 EUR.
More information: Synthblitz Audio / VA RAXS
OverTone DSP has introduced RVB500, a stereo plate reverb effect plug-in, capable of a rich variety of effects, with intuitive controls and low demands on CPU and system resources.
Complex convolution reverb models can be an asset for replicating physical spaces, but can also be resource hungry, leaving less processor power available for other plug-ins or requiring costly hardware add-ons.
By contrast, the RVB500 algorithmically emulates a mechanical plate reverb, still regarded as a mainstay of many recording studios, for a diverse range of effects including drum enhancement or vocal ambience.
Economical with system resources, the RVB500 is ideal for classic reverb effects while leaving sufficient power available for the most complex DAW projects.
- Adjustable sub-sample resolution pre-delay and RT60 decay time settings.
- Variable HF Damping.
- Plate reverb emulation with virtual transducer drive and receiver amplifiers.
- Wet-Only mode for use on a dedicated ‘reverb buss’.
- DPI-aware GUI automatically upscales for resolutions greater than 96dpi, improving usability on small / hi-resolution screens.
- Physical Control Weighting replicates the feel of high quality rotary controls, also improving accuracy for small control changes.
RVB500 for Windows, Mac and Linux (VST/AU) is available for the introductory price of 19.50 EUR through October, 2014 (25% off regular).
More information: OverTone DSP / RVB500
Function Loops has announced the release of Tech House Bass & Drums, a free sample pack in collaboration with DJProductor.com, featuring a new collection of 70 loops.
This sample pack was designed towards House / Tech-House/ Techno / Garage and Deep House music producers.
You will find 25 Drum Loops, 25 Top Loops & 20 Bass Loops to help you add some flavour into your next tracks.
All sounds at 24-bit WAV quality. BPM range from 122-125.
The pack is a free download at Function Loops.
More information: Function Loops / Tech House Bass & Drums