WOK has released MiniStepper, a free, easy to use MIDI step sequencer plug-in for Windows.
8 steps, each with velocity, gate length and mute.
Several play directions, start- and end-step selectable on the fly. Sequence can be transposed by incoming MIDI notes. Also plays chords !
Host sync with dotted and triplet speed selection, swing, run on key press, MIDI-channels selectable for combined use, clear layout, free !
The plug-in is available to download from WOK.
More information: WOK / MiniStepper
Whitebox Synth Makers has announced the release of Whitebox Mallets, a free Max for Live device for Ableton Live.
An update of my Pixiephone from a while back.
What’s new? Added BUZZ, SPACE and FILTER to get more variety and some extra dirt. More control over short release and deader resonances.
Capable of sounds ranging from wooden marimba to metal glock to harpsichord.
Don’t get excited though.
But do look at www.whiteboxsynthmakers.com for more free Ableton and Max things.
More information: Whitebox Synth Makers / Whitebox Mallets
DDMF has announced the release of The Strip, a new channel strip effect plugin for Windows and Mac.
It features an EQ (four peaking, a cutting and a shelving band), a gate and a compressor section, optional 2x oversampling plus an in- and output gain adjustment section.
The plugin was designed to be a lightweight but good sounding effect that can be added onto every
channel of a project without compromising the CPU.
The Strip features
- Low- and Highpass filter.
- Four peaking filters.
- Low shelf filter.
- Gate with variable threshold, range, attack and release to prevent unwanted noise.
- Smooth compressor section.
- 2x oversampling available.
- EQ section with just the nicest little bit of saturation.
- Order of EQ and compression interchangeable.
- Available in VST, AU, RTAS and AAX format, 32 and 64 bit, for Windows and OSX (10.6 and higher).
The Strip is available for purchase for the introductory price of $39 USD until the end of September, 2014 (regular $49 USD). DDMF Full Bundle owners with a license purchased in 2014 get it for free.
More information: DDMF / The Strip
Best Service has announced the launch of Mystica, a female chamber choir Kontakt Player library by Eduardo Tarilonte.
With Mystica, Eduardo Tarilonte continues his incomparable series of vocal-libraries. This classical chamber choir consists of eight extraordinary female vocalists, delivering a unique, enchanting sound without comparison.
Mystica has been designed as a female-choir-library for unconfined solo use. At the same time, the library forms a perfectly matched mixed choir when being combined with Cantus. Therefore, Mystica has been recorded under identical conditions in spanish KBYO Recording Studios, located in Granada, using eight selected Neumann microphones and Avalon preamps.
To ensure perfect team play of both libraries, Mystica offers the same words and wordbuilder as Cantus. In addition, there is a new possibility for quick exchanges of phrases and wordbuilder-settings between the libraries – in both directions. This way, the combination of Mystica and Cantus forms an impressive tool to create overwhelming choir passages.
- Unique „Numen Ensemble“ female choir with eight vocalists.
- 5 GB WAV samples, 24 bit/44.1 kHz.
- NI Kontakt Player license included – no further sampler required.
- Created with Kontakt 5.3.1.
- 5 “True Legato” vowels (A, E, I, O, U), separate “Mmmh”-articulation.
- Powerful wordbuilder with 24 words and three different articulations (staccato, fast, slow).
- Words can be separated in 120 short words/syllables.
- Combine words with True-Legato vowels – automatic vowel selection.
- 100 Gregorian vocal phrases.
- 12 soundscapes, moulded from vocal recordings.
- Additional vocal effects.
- New import/export functions to exchange wordbuilder-patches between Mystica and Cantus.
- Dry recordings, perfect to be spiced up with individual reverberation.
Mystica is available for purchase for MSRP 199 EUR/$229 USD/£159 GBP. Includes latest NI Kontakt Player.
More information: Best Service / Mystica
New Atlantis Audio has launched its annual Birthday ReFill Bundle deal on a collection of ReFills.
Today you can score a massive collection of the most evocative & unique instruments, sounds, & production tools available for Reason at an insanely low price in this one day 26 ReFill Bundle Special Event +PLUS the chance to win some hardware & software prize giveaways!
They put together a special site just for the occasion — check it out right here, and don’t miss it! http://reason-refill.com
The bundle is available for purchase for $88 USD ($634 value in ReFills).
A purchase of the bundle automatically enters you in the prize drawings for a RØDE iXY stereo field mic (w/windshield kit) + 5 copies each of Drift & Nightshift.
The sale ends September 2nd, 2014.
More information: Birthday ReFill Bundle
Truth Falls Audio has released 1981, a multi-platform synth sound module library.
This library is the first of the “Fallen” series that will be released in the upcoming months. 1981 is currently encoded for “Native Instruments Kontakt 5 Full” (Third Party User) and Reason 5. This software is Mac and PC compatible. There will be future encoding for the Ableton Live (simpler) and Logic (ESX24 sampler).
The mapping function for each is in a multi-sample format at 44.1khz at 16 bit depth for both. It is currently compatible with Pro Tools, Reason, Cubase, Nuendo, Logic, Reaper, FL Studio, Cakewalk, and Ableton Live.
There are a compliment of 21 basic sounds, 10 legato sounds, and 9 bonus sounds for a grand total of 40 sounds. Each sound has been crafted for optimal usage in any type of music.
The library is on sale for $30 USD (regular $50 USD).
More information: Truth Falls Audio / 1981 Kit
Acrobatics Software has released version 1.1.5 of Mate, a free synthesizer instrument for Windows.
A hands-on, simple desktop musicians friend, inspired by synthesizers of the seventies and eighties: produces original synth tones and reproduces strings pianos, basses, organs and bells patches with ease, but it can also explore wild and spacey atmos using its flexible modulation options and smart programming.
Changes in Mate v1.1.5
- Added mouse control selection with accurate or fast options on the back of unit.
- Changed graphic style for selections on the back of unit, now matches usual Acrobatics style.
- Added alternative SKIN: acid green anonymous style, accessible right-clicking on the logo, saves with preset.
- Added Default Bank .FXB file (the collection of 48 default patches) in folder.
- Added Empty bank .FXB file (48 empty patches) in folder to start synthesizing from.
- Fixed some informations and layout in documentation included.
Mate for Windows (VST) is available to download as freeware.
More information: Acrobatics / Mate