Patchpool has announced Warped Strings, a soundset for Alchemy by Camel Audio.
For this Alchemy soundset an acoustic Western Guitar will be multisampled, treating it with all sorts of tools to create unique sounding real and unreal instruments, otherworldly textures, groovy sequences, beautiful soundscapes and cinematic pad sounds.
The guitar will get hurt during the process but it will be well worth it. All samples are recorded with 3 Neumann microphones and processed with native and outboard gear, to make t the best out of the recorded audio material.
Warped Strings features
- About 1,5 GB of original stereo samples recorded in 48 Khz/24 Bit.
- Multisampled acoustic guitar played and treated with various tools, multiple Round Robin variations and velocity layers will be sampled for many patches
- Fingered and slapped Guitar
- Plucked Guitar using various objects like coins, screwdrivers
- Tremolo Guitar
- Beaten Guitar using drumsticks, mallets and hammers
- Scraped Guitar using various metal objects for scraping the strings and the corpus
- Prepared guitar
- Flagolet Guitar
- Guitar loops
- A wide variety of electronic textures derived form the recorded guitar sounds will be included
- Recorded with 3 Neumann microphones in L-C-R – 48 Khz/24 Bit.
- U87 center mic – a stereo set of KM 184 for L-R.
- This soundset will contain about 50 patches with 8 variations each.
Warped Strings is available to pre-order for 20 EUR (20% off regular price of 25 EUR). The soundset is scheduled for release in the 2nd half of February.