Patchpool has announced the release of Alchemistry Metallurgy, a soundset for the Alchemy software synthesizer by Camel Audio.
The soundset Alchemistry Metallurgy for Alchemy is the first in a series focussing on specific materials and single instruments.
The set contains 57 patches with 8 variations each in the Remix Pad and focusses on metallic sounds derived from real instruments, metal objects and industrial field recordings. This patch collection keeps the balance between real sounding metal instruments, otherworldly textures and wondrous soundscapes using also some processed electronic derivates of the sampled materials.
All sounds are sample-based, some patches use the resynthesis features in Alchemy. You will find many patches and snapshots which sound wam, delicate and beautiful, characteristics one may not normally associate with metallic sounds.
Alchemistry Metallurgy features
- 1.81 GB of original samples – source material:
- China Cymbal bowed, scraped and beaten – multisampled and Round Robin.
- Glockenspiel multisampled – 23 semitones (C4-A#5), 4x RR, 2 velocity layers (179 samples/386,7 MB).
- 2 microtonal handheld Bell Trees 8x Round Robin, 2 articulations, +textures.
- 2 Thai Gongs multisampled + 8x Round Robin, 4 velocity layers, +texures.
- Thai Ching Bells – 6x Round Robin, 3 velocity layers.
- Tam Tam 45 cm – beaten (7xRound Robin/4 velocities), scraped and rubbed.
- Various multisampled metal objects:
- Caviar Cans, Metal Bowl, Coins, Dumbbell plate, Small Thunder Sheet, Metal Plate (dinner tray), Anvil.
- Industrial metal sounds recorded in factories.
- All samples recorded with 3 Neumann microphones in L-C-R – 48 Khz/24 Bit; U87 center mic – a stereo set of KM 184 for L-R, the industrial field recordings were done with 2 shotgun mics – Sennheiser MK 70
- 57 patches with 8 variations each.
- 1.82 GB total content (1.06 GB compressed).
Alchemistry Metallurgy is available to purchase for 25 EUR. Note: requires the full version of Alchemy (Alchemy Player not supported).