Pethu releases Hahaha CS33 Standard Edition
The gorgeous GUI was provided by Rick Christy (aka Grymmjack).
- Subtractive and Phase Modulation (PM) synthesis
- Two oscillators (called OSC1 and OSC2), each with Triangle, Saw, Square, Rectangle, Pulse Width Modulation (PWM), and White Noise (WN) waveforms. OSC1 can be synced to OSC2
- Mono sound output (except when the CHORUS effect is active)
- Monophonic and 6-voice Polyphonic modes
- One filter (called, simply, the FILTER) with 5 modes, two of which are special ”twin filter” modes
- One LFO with 5 waveforms: Sample And Hold (S/H), Ramp, Square, Saw, and Sine. LFO tempo can be freely adjusted or synced to host tempo
- Two envelope generators (called EG1 and EG2). Each can separately affect OSC1 amplitude, OSC2 amplitude, FILTER cutoff frequency, and LFO amount. EG1/EG2 levels can also be mixed, resulting in
- Keyboard velocity scaling for EG1 and EG2 amplitudes
- Expression input from Breath Controller (BC), Channel Aftertouch (AT), and Foot Pedal (PEDAL) can be used to affect AMP level and FILTER cutoff frequency
- Effects section with Distortion, Reverb, Delay, and Chorus units
- MIDI Learn function for easy mapping of the controls to a hardware MIDI controller
- Tooltip help, showing short descriptions of each control including its default MIDI Controller Code mapping
The zip file includes a comprehensive manual, which also mentions a soon to be released “Evolution Edition” of CS33, which is basically the exact same synth with a different look.
Update 13-11-2006: Don’t forget to check the additional presets as well.
Cormac Daly releases Thaw v0.1