Nick Johnstone (aka Phonics/nix808) has released a number of freeware VST effect and instrument plug-ins for Windows PC, made with Flowstone.
They are all fully working plugs and are free to use for non-commercial purposes. If you intend to sell the audio run through or originating from my plugs, there is an obligation to buy them. If you are producing commercially, drop me a line at my hotmail-> nix808@…. I won’t ask too much
Hope you find some singular sounds with the fruits of my labour,
The latest versions of Nick’s plug-ins will be available for download from this page. For support please contact Nick at his hotmail.com address: nix808@…
- d1g1t (1.74 MB): Bit-cruher and samplerate reducer.
- ECHOecho (4.15 MB): Simple delay. It uses a divisor of the BPM to set the tap length, with the ability to use your own fraction. It’s easy to dial up your favourite dubs.
- freQ (2.14 MB): Q8 parametric EQ with phase and fft display. All bands are switchable off and on, and it is hybrid-ie. the sliders and graph update each other.
- Mono2Stereo (1.70 MB): Utility to route channels. If you are recording a mono source, just insert this in the signal chain to process in stereo.
- Limiter (1.73 MB): Tames peaks on masters perfectly well. Easy to use meters.
- Octaver (1.86 MB): Stream and counter-based octaver, shifts pitch down 12 semi-tones for playing bass on electric among. It chops grain start points on 0-crossings, in aid of reducing vibrato.
- Shifter_RedLight (2.53 MB): 3 line variable pitch shifter stomp. Can run the lines in parralel or series. Supports PDC, as the grains take 1500 samples to process.
- Standard Issue (21.2 MB): Collection of effects that replace Wave Mechanic. There are currently 11 effects: Chorus, compressor, distorsion, drive, eq, flanger, hardclip, 3 phasers, reverb.
- Sync (3.04 MB): Recorder VSTfx that allows you to cut and export loops, similar to IL Edison.
- Synthetic Reverb (1.99 MB): Built by Maik Menz and released to the Outsim community.
- Tripper (2.22 MB): Auto-filter. It has 18 filter types, modulatable by env follower or tripped env. It’s good for wahs, using audio as filter mod source and distortion.
- Dream Sequence (2.02 MB): Polyphonic,up to 32 pattern and 128 step MIDI sequencer. Copying and pasting of patterns is supported.
- Drum Roll (2.02 MB): Drum synth. Hopefully a full drum kit can be coaxed out of the 2 oscillators.
- Entrancer (7.56 MB): Instrument originally made for the KVR Developer Challenge 2009. It has 375 wavetables, particularly focused on the 303, however it is polyphonic and has 3 osc.
- Sampler (2.16 MB): Simple yet versatile sampler, designed to load bar loops or picks, although it will accept tracks.
Some of Nick’s older plug-ins are still available from the Nix Plugs page.