Plan8 SoundController, lightweight Flash sound engine
Plan8 has introduced SoundController, a new sound engine for Flash.
SoundController is just a fancy name for our proprietary sound engine. It is created for us as sound-and music makers so that we can be as creative and professional as when we deal with sound in linear media such as film or radio.
It lets us mix and control the audio of the site in real time, even if the site consists of mixture of different techniques such as video and 3D etc. It also enables us to create the musical soundtrack that adapts to the user in a musical way, the soundtrack develops as if the user were the bandleader.
And all this is done without sending files to busy developers, it’s all managed on our side.
- Lightweight – The core engine weight is under 60 kB.
- Remote management – You add the events, and we do all the other work.
- Asset management – We can divide our sound assets in as many pieces as you want, and load them when they are needed.
- Adaptive music – The system handles both vertical (mixing of layers) and horizontal (adding musical pieces after one and other) composition. All in time, and perfect synch with the beat..
- Beat Event – The system can send an event for when the next beat will occur, to sync the visuals to the music.
- Sound in Movies – Keep your films silent! The system supports audio in films, FLV’s or movies in time lines, it doesn’t matter..
- Custom functions – We can adapt our system to handle specific functions for each need.
Ueberschall Pop Charts, Elastik Soundbank