Plugin Alliance and accusonus have announced ERA-D, a new audio restoration effect plug-in for Windows and Mac.
ERA-D’s recently patented technology delivers two astounding firsts to audio professionals: ERA-D is the only plugin that can analyze and remove both noise and reverberation at the same time, exploring also their interdependency. Noise and reverb are simultaneously present in nature, and ERA-D takes that into account!
ERA-D is the only restoration software that explores the multichannel information to better suppress reverb and/or noise. To put it simply, your secondary mic might have captured reverb and/or noise more accurately than your primary mic. ERA-D uses that information to increase the processing quality in your main mic.
Not only does ERA-D’s breakthrough technology shine, but it also does so through a slick, straightforward interface that lets the user achieve unheard of results in a quick and simple workflow.
ERA-D is the product of 10 person-years of R&D and comes after more than 30 scientific papers and technology book chapters. ERA-D solves previously unsolvable problems to salvage previously unsalvageable audio. And it does so with an intuitive interface that controls a flexible signal-processing engine for dramatically improving sound quality.
While noise and reverberation surround us in everyday life, traditional audio tools fail to parse out their complexity and interdependency, instead attempting to deal with them separately. The accusonus difference comes from its staff, recognized in the industry and academia as audio analysis experts. They exhaustively researched the common and distinct elements of noise and reverberation in order to develop ERA-D’s technology for analyzing and managing noise and reverb either together or separately.
“An actor’s great performance, a musician’s moment of magic or simply your kid’s first ever piano concerto: these are all recordings that you simply can’t repeat. But what happens when these recordings are practically ruined by noise and/or reverberation?” asked Alex Tsilfidis (CEO, accusonus). “ERA-D makes the impossible possible and saves these recordings that you would until now throw away. The accusonus research team spent countless hours in the lab and has invented a break-through restoration technology that we integrated together with an intuitive interface. We’re proud of the ERA-D plugin and its patented technology, and we are keen to put it in the hands of seasoned professionals.”
- De-Noise and De-Reverberation knobs function in single or dual mode.
- 4 Modes of Operation:
- De-Noise: Signal passes through the de-noise engine only.
- De-Reverb: Signal passes through the de-reverberation engine only.
- Cascade: Signal passes through the de-noise and then the de-reverberation engines.
- Parallel: Signal passes through the de-noise and de-reverberation engines simultaneously. When parallel mode is selected, a fader appears to set the balance between noise and reverb suppression.
- Dual mode provides separate analysis of two sources, such as two different microphones, for improved noise and/or reverb reduction.
- Advanced Controls for de-noise include a noise time constant, which affects the speed at which the algorithm adapts to noise changes, a processing time constant, which affects the general adaptation speed of the noise suppression engine in Dual Mode, and three flavors of noise reduction: A, B and C.
- Separate reverb time constant controls for low and high frequencies affect the speed at which the algorithm adapts to reverb changes.
- Advanced Artifact Control.
- Hi-res graphical display of noise, reverb, dry and processed signals.
- Four adjustable frequency bands provide post-processing adjustment of noise and reverb control in frequency ranges.
- Link button groups the frequency bands together.
- In / Out / Diff buttons provide monitoring of the unprocessed input signal, the processed output signal and the signal being removed by ERA-D.
- ST / L / R buttons provide monitoring of the complete stereo signal or a single channel.
ERA-D for Windows and Mac (VST/AU/AAX) is available for purchase for MSRP $299 USD.