Plugin Alliance has announced the release of bx_console E, a plugin that models the classic British E Series mixing console, offering 72 different channels.
This full-featured channel strip includes a Compressor/Limiter, Expander/Gate, 4-band parametric EQ, and wide-ranging High Pass and Low Pass filters. Using Tolerance Modeling Technology, the plugin simulates channel-to-channel variances of electronic components for the most realistic analog sound.
Turn your DAW into a classic, high-end mixing console! bx_console E is a stunning 72-channel emulation (yes, that´s 72 different channels!) of the world-famous British E Series mixing console, introduced in 1979. Heard on countless hit records by marquee artists including Beyoncé, Kendrick Lamar, Metallica, Sting and Genesis, the E Series is the preferred console of celebrated mix engineers Chris Lord Alge, Bob Clearmountain and innumerable others. Now, thanks to Brainworx’s revolutionary Tolerance Modeling Technology, the E Series console’s three-dimensional analog sound has been reproduced with startling realism in the digital realm.
But there’s more. Brainworx’s owner — accomplished producer/engineer Dirk Ulrich — and his award-winning development team turbocharged the classic hit-making console with a boatload of powerful mods and new features, including some from the later-released G Series British console. Rather than simply model an EQ and compressor, Dirk and the Brainworx team created the sound, feel and workflow of an ideal hybrid large-format console, incorporating all the missing features he’s longed for when working on traditional British consoles.
You can now have that ideal multichannel console in your laptop.
bx_console E features
- Models the classic British E Series mixing console, offering 72 different channels.
- Full-featured channel strip including a Compressor/Limiter, Expander/Gate, 4-band parametric EQ, and wide-ranging High Pass and Low Pass filters.
- “Brown” and “Black” EQ revisions can be swapped independently per channel with the click of a mouse .
- Tolerance Modeling Technology (TMT, Patent Pending) simulates channel-to-channel variances of electronic components for the most realistic analog sound.
- FET Shred mode emulates the pleasing distortion of a driven tube amp, adding grit and size to electric instruments and more.
bx_console E for Windows and Mac (VST/AU/AAX) is available for an intro price of $179 USD until August 31st, 2017 (regular $299 USD).