Precisionsound has released Moldova Concert Cimbalom, a 2.1 GB (packed) sample library for HALion & Kontakt.
The recording of this concert Cimbalom (1990) from the Republic of Moldova was made in the “Usachevsky” studio at the University of Utah, and the instrument was played by Igor Iachimciuc, who is known as one of the best Cimbalom players/composers in Moldova.
Moldova Concert Cimbalom features
- Three pairs of mallets used for the recording: Soft mallets (made in Hungary), Middle/Medium mallets (made in Moldova) and Hard mallets (made in Romania)
- 3 velocity layers for all the 3 mallet types in both sustained and damped versions
- Harmonics (sustained) and the Moldova Cimbalom played with nails (Pizzicato), both sustained and damped and to round it of; a huge selection of clusters and effects has been recorded
- Two microphones for stereo realization have been utilized (AKG 414) and the recording was made on a Pro Tools system
- 1208 samples, in 24-bit, 44.1KHz stereo WAV, mapped in 21 programs for both HALion 1.11 & Kontakt 1.2
A complete program list is available at the product page.
Moldova Concert Cimbalom costs $69 USD.