Precisionsound Sonic Laboratory, sound effect library
Precisionsound has released Sonic Laboratory, a toolkit of 500 sound effects, from brutal hits to evolving soundscapes, atonal clusters to retro electronica.
Audio designer Iain Morland took some of the strangest plucks, scrapes, thumps and noises from Precisionsound’s huge library of sampled acoustic instruments, then subjected them to bizarre processing to create evocative textures and effects.
The Sonic Laboratory files are intended primarily to be placed on the audio timeline of a music sequencer or video editor. The included sampler programs are for easy auditioning of sounds, with one program for each category of sounds (two in the case of the largest category). The programs for Kontakt 3 and 4 (Full version needed) display the name of the played file on the GUI when you press a key.
Sonic Laboratory features
- 1.28 GB sample library, 500 stereo 44.1khz 24-bit WAV files.
- The audio files are sorted into 9 folders by category, and each file has a unique descriptive name.
- Categories: hits, mechanical hybrid, organic hybrid, pads and textures, retro electronics, reversed, stings, tonal – dark, and tonal – light.
- 10 programs for all versions of Steinberg HALion.
- 10 programs for NI Kontakt 1 and 2.
- 10 programs with scripted GUI for NI Kontakt 3 and 4 (not compatible with
free Kontakt Player).
Sonic Laboratory is available to purchase for $69 USD (+$11 USD on DVD), all formats are included.